Fuel Range

Jay Mack

Hey there - I have a 2017 awd gx Kluger - even when range is less than 10kms I can only ever fill up with 60 litres of fuel which gives a range of around 420kms - is this normal as the fuel capacity is listed at 72 litres ? Many thanks for any ideas / thoughts ! J

Can't say I've kept track of the litres going in but based on the fuel usage reading in getting 10.4 litres per 100km.
I use 91Ron fuel. Funnily enough I found i get better mileage from caltex fuel as opposed to BP.
Between 30 anr 50 extra kms per tank.

I've got the 2wd model. I do mostly highway kms, maybe 20% city. But my route has quite a few steep climbs. If it was flat I'd expect between 8-9 litres per 100.

I think the awd should only be half a litre off the 2wd.

Unless you're doing all city kms your fuel economy seems a bit off to me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

We had an Avalon 2004 from new and the fuel light would come on and the trip computer would count down and when it said zero km left in tank I could still do 170km,

I worked it out that when the fuel light came on there was still 17 litres left in the tank it was a 70 litre tank so light came on when 53 litres used.

I complained to Toyota about this as to me it was useless having a low fuel light when you still have 17 litres in the tank  and they advertised the Avalon as having a huge 70 litre tank to cruise all over Australia. Their reply was it was acceptable and they didn't want people to run out of fuel, what rubbish. Anyway I just used the light as a guide that I still had 17 litres in the tank.

I think the most I ever put in it was 64 Litres, I assume the Kluger is the same as the day I complained a gent with a Prado said his was the same.

Most cars will warn of low fuel long before there is no fuel.   There is a reason for this plus it also saves people from having to walk long distances... 🙂

The fuel gauge is only an indicator not a precise instrument.