LN167R questions

Wazza52

Hi, to anyone passing by

My Lux has an ally roo bar which doesn't appear to take a winch, have ordered a plate, hope it works

What I want to ask other 1997 owners is recovery points front and rear, where have you placed them and where did you get them from? all a just in case, I won't be doing any serious off roading but am trying to make the rig safe when my Son and Son inlaw with our 10 yr old grand daughter go to the beaches etc in WA;s South West around Pemberton and Margaret River or down to White Hills, spine is kaput so want them to do what I no longer can.  Have been looking everywhere to get someone to fit front auto lokker but no-one knows how.

Just a basic Lux, nothing special, am slowly, very slowly lol, getting it ready, sidesteps, am looking to put a roof top cage on top of my Rhino racks, yet to be put on, same as a draw system so they can pack gear easily

Cheers if anyone knows where and how to attach recovery points, would love an ARB winch bar, but way way way out of my pension could permit

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 8:12 PM, Wazza52 said:

Hi, to anyone passing by

My Lux has an ally roo bar which doesn't appear to take a winch, have ordered a plate, hope it works

What I want to ask other 1997 owners is recovery points front and rear, where have you placed them and where did you get them from? all a just in case, I won't be doing any serious off roading but am trying to make the rig safe when my Son and Son inlaw with our 10 yr old grand daughter go to the beaches etc in WA;s South West around Pemberton and Margaret River or down to White Hills, spine is kaput so want them to do what I no longer can.  Have been looking everywhere to get someone to fit front auto lokker but no-one knows how.

Just a basic Lux, nothing special, am slowly, very slowly lol, getting it ready, sidesteps, am looking to put a roof top cage on top of my Rhino racks, yet to be put on, same as a draw system so they can pack gear easily

Cheers if anyone knows where and how to attach recovery points, would love an ARB winch bar, but way way way out of my pension could permit

My and most Hiluxes with a bullbar came out with a TJM steel bullbar

My Bullbar has a space for fitting a winch. Steel bullbar are far stronger than alloy bullbars.

If you ring around wrecking yards and post an ad on Gumtree you should be able to get an original equipment TJM bullbar. They have a spot for a CB aerial amd 2 round holes for attaching tow ropes and holrs for spotlights. They are pretty well sussed out and strong . That is why I  guess Toyota picked them as standard bull bars back then. If you have your heart set on ARB then ask around wrecking yards and Gumtree for ARB to fit your car.

ARB are good but not as common as TJM for our model.of Hilux.

Maybe if you ask around you might be able to score a bullbar with a winch in it😁

Hope this helps 

Let me know how you get on

I have front and rear Lockers from Aussie Lokka

The compan is called 4WD systemds and also known as GOANNAWHERE 

They have a website so you can read up on the LOKKA. You can ring them directly as they are an Aussie company to get info and who may fit them. 

I fitted mine myself with advice from the people at their headquarters 

I have had Aussie Lokkas for 10 tears and they work really good 

On 8/3/2019 at 2:17 PM, Terry Kelly said:

My and most Hiluxes with a bullbar came out with a TJM steel bullbar

My Bullbar has a space for fitting a winch. Steel bullbar are far stronger than alloy bullbars.

If you ring around wrecking yards and post an ad on Gumtree you should be able to get an original equipment TJM bullbar. They have a spot for a CB aerial amd 2 round holes for attaching tow ropes and holrs for spotlights. They are pretty well sussed out and strong . That is why I  guess Toyota picked them as standard bull bars back then. If you have your heart set on ARB then ask around wrecking yards and Gumtree for ARB to fit your car.

ARB are good but not as common as TJM for our model.of Hilux.

Maybe if you ask around you might be able to score a bullbar with a winch in it😁

Hope this helps 

Let me know how you get on

Thanks for both replies, have been ringing around, scarce as hens teeth for now, have rung mechanics and they all say no to auto lokkers, never done them, have to travel to Perth to get it done and they only do e lockers or air

Will stick to chicken tracks lol, only wanted them for my Son and Son in Law to go down South with the Grand daughter, so they never get stuck

Cheers Mate

• 11 months later...

Hi i am looking to buy a 2004 helix LN167R with 188,000km on it for around $15000-$17000. I have heard these older Hulix's have the better engines in them and are very reliable and will last over 500,000km. I don't have much experience with buying second hand vehicles and just wanted an opinion on the car, engine and the price range. And any problems to look out for.