DB1475 or DB1832 for rear brake pads?

PengNZ

Hi guys

I'd like to have my rear brake pads changed with Bendix GCT but the official site has recommend731587517_ScreenShot2019-05-22at7_46_46PM.thumb.png.53363078a1ab77fac1db28a9e376b529.png ed two sets of rear brake pads. So which one should i get?

1667658056_ScreenShot2019-05-22at7_46_36PM.thumb.png.e4e85f084dadbd855220c41a27e569a5.png

are they all good for my car or only one can do?

My Aurion is a 2014 pre-facelift model and its sold in NZ btw

Cheers

Rear brake pad dimensions are very different. You would be best advised to remove a rear wheel and visually inspect the brake pads to determine which one is going to fit your vehicle.

Obviously different calipers were used during production. There is clearly a big difference in the size & shape of the pads which will reflect in the caliper shape & size. If you are still unsure just by looking, check your local auto parts store has both in stock and as suggested take a sample along on the day you are doing the job to match it up to purchase the correct pads. 

When I had to replace my front pads on my 2008 I had the same dilemma: DB1474 & DB2243 and without taking the caliper off I wouldn't have a clue. So I went to Repco, gave them the rego and they told me I need 2243. So I took advantage of a 30% discount and bought them from the shop, in case they were the wrong ones I was able to return them, which isn't always the case with the online purchases. Funny thing is, my wife's 2013 is using the same rotors & calipers 🙂

I can only second what the other posters replied: take a pad with you to the shop, or at least give them the plate number and see what they suggest.

• 2 months later...