Aurion ZR6 Boot leaking help!!!

I am about to purchase a 2011 Aurion zr6. During the inspection today, I found a pool of water inside the boot(left side of the spare tyre). After browsing on webs, decides to buy the car. The deposit has been placed. Ending up having a $500 "bargain". $10200 for mileage of 120000. 

Please, don't tell me I am in big trouble having the boot leaking. I remember that I haven't found any obvious rusty bit when I inspect the car, so wouldn't be too late to save the car. right?

Help, if anyone has gone through the same thing. What should I do with it? Can i fix it myself? rainy season at Adelaide here now. Don't really want to get my pants wet while driving. lol.

Edited by fussyowner

I found the same issue with my '07 ZR6, asked about it here and someone suggested it was a problem with the boot seal.
I haven't checked since I gave said seal a bit of nudging, but I really hoped that did the trick.

But out of sheer curiosity, does yours happen to also have a sunroof?

Check you haven't got a missing boot plug. Check boot seal isn't torn, if so you could always try some silicone to bulk it up or replace. Tighten boot by adjusting catch. Get into boot with a torch while someone sprays a jet a water around boot edge & suss out where leak is coming from.

Check if your inner wheel guards do not have a hole or tear in them. 

If it is raining or you go into a car wash the water splashes up into the boot area.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:07 PM, LordBug said:

I found the same issue with my '07 ZR6, asked about it here and someone suggested it was a problem with the boot seal.
I haven't checked since I gave said seal a bit of nudging, but I really hoped that did the trick.

But out of sheer curiosity, does yours happen to also have a sunroof?

Mine doesn't come with sunroof..\

23 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

Check you haven't got a missing boot plug. Check boot seal isn't torn, if so you could always try some silicone to bulk it up or replace. Tighten boot by adjusting catch. Get into boot with a torch while someone sprays a jet a water around boot edge & suss out where leak is coming from.

I pulled the boot plug out, drained water out from the boot. and I checked my boot seal, it's ok.

thanks,  I will try that out.  I found the gap between taillights and boot is quite large. Rain may come into the boot from taillight.