Mel.M

Hi. 

My name is Melanie. 

I am currently driving a 2017 Kluger GX that I purchased a week ago. I think I paid a good price compared to the current market. So am happy about that. And I am enjoying driving it around too - the kids are enjoying the novelty of the third row of seats. 

I was previously driving a 2014 Aurion AT-X (which is currently for sale). But swapped over to the kluger to gain the extra seats. I really enjoyed the ride of the Aurion and will be sad when it sells. 

My first car (in 2000) was a 1986 Corolla LX series 2. It was a 5 speed manual in canary yellow. It had after market air conditioning (that you had to switch off going up a big hill! 😂). I loved the freedom it gave me - but also the car. I kept it for about 7 years before selling it as I had a baby and the anchor points were very dubious! I purchased a 2006 Holden Commodore wagon. It served its purpose in giving us a large boot space for prams, port-a-cots and the likes. But was never amazing to drive. It became unreliable, which was why I purchased the Aurion.

My husband drives a 2008 Prado KDJ120R (manual). We enjoy the option of off-roading, and have created fond memories for the kids and us getting places we wouldn’t have otherwise been able to go. 

Looking forward to general chit chat and learning a thing or two along the way. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Melanie, glad you have joined us... a lot of knowledge and great people on here

KAA

Hi Melanie. I to am quite new to this forum and pop in every few days to read whats up with others & time just flies while reading most of the stuff. This site helped me decide on the car we ended up buying so book marked it. We looked at a Kluger but they were far to big for us as we don't have the grand kids often enough also so were the Zio 2-2-2 & the Harrier but oh so nice.Have not seen any Kluger's here in NZ of that year think there is only 1 2015 on TradeMe and quite a few older models though. Got some friends they have a Holden Cruise & like our car as its so easy to get in & out of might trade the Cruise in for a Blade & if they do we will have a nice line up of Toyota's down our street for the next BBQ lol. Enjoy the reading some of its really good