Hilux lack of power

superoo

Hi all my 2010 Hilux has a lag problem at very low revs. I’ve spent $7000 on it with a new turbo and actuator , new injectors and full kit , new mass switch also no code is coming up but it’s using a lot more fuel and blows smoke as it’s struggling at low revs. If I push the accelerator a little harder and take it passed the low point the car runs perfectly. I’ve driven it 1200 Klms a couple of months ago and it drove perfectly on the long run but at low revs it struggled. Does anyone have any ideas or had the same problem. Thanks 

All this occured when you had the items replaced? Did you replace anything with anything different (Ie a different turbo than standard, etc)? The parts that went in were they genuine? Aftermarket sensors can be terrible

Hi yes all genuine parts. 

The problem existed prior to doing changes that’s why I had the repairs done trying to solve the problem 

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2019 at 10:12 PM, superoo said:

Hi all my 2010 Hilux has a lag problem at very low revs. I’ve spent $7000 on it with a new turbo and actuator , new injectors and full kit , new mass switch also no code is coming up but it’s using a lot more fuel and blows smoke as it’s struggling at low revs. If I push the accelerator a little harder and take it passed the low point the car runs perfectly. I’ve driven it 1200 Klms a couple of months ago and it drove perfectly on the long run but at low revs it struggled. Does anyone have any ideas or had the same problem. Thanks 

Sounds like the computer is playing up.

The main problem is finding someone with knowledge to diagnose and fix it.

Whenever I am stuck like that I ring RACQ and get put through to their engineers department for advice. They are always friendly and have loads of knowledge and can recommend a mechanic or Auto electrician who knows such stuff.

IF you are not in Queensland ring the Automobile Club in your state and get put through to their engineers. 

It is free to ring them and get advice if you are a member 

You can also get your car inspected by tbe Club(RACQ) engineers and get a full report and diagnosis of issues

• 2 months later...

Take it to a reputable Diesel Workshop, not a bloody mechanic, a couple hundred dollars could of saved you thousands if it turns out to be a sensor gone :wacko: