2012 kluger multi information display

Rusty25

Hi, have a 2012 kluger, the multi information display has white horizontal lines through the display. There are about 2 thick and 4/5 thinner but close together across the whole screen, horizontally. They aren’t the guide lines that are meant to be there as this model doesn’t have this feature. Any help please?????

Edited by Rusty25

Hi Russell.

Are you able to upload a photo?

- Do the lines go away on other pages? If so, have you tried a reset? Either a soft reset going through the settings or a hard reset by disconnecting the battery. Make sure you have the original software (discs) if you're doing a hard reset or you may have issues as other recent posts.

- If the lines appear all the time, then that would indicate you have a hardware issue where there's an actual problem with the screen.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

To me, it's sounds like you have a hardware issue rather than software but you should get a 2nd opinion from a qualified person.

If it were me, I would go to my local wreckers and source a replacement unit and try to replace it myself. Removing the paneling to get to the unit is not difficult, you carefully remove the air-vent panel and hopefully replacing the unit is an easy plug and play. I would hope a used unit wouldn't could more than a couple hundred dollars.

Alternatively, new unit from Toyota would be $500+ (only guessing) and a few hundred to replace.

• 2 weeks later...