David

DBN0410

We have a Hilux 94 LN 106 dual cab. we have put a 2inch lift kit in it. we went to get a RWC done and mechanic says it is too high. The issue is we cannot find what the standard height is on a car this old. We have asked the manufacturer of the kit ( terrain Taimer ) and they do not know what the start point is.

The mechanic needs to know the from the centre of the wheel hub to the bottom of the guard.

Hope someone has the informations

Thx

• 4 weeks later...

On 7/5/2019 at 6:55 PM, DBN0410 said:

We have a Hilux 94 LN 106 dual cab. we have put a 2inch lift kit in it. we went to get a RWC done and mechanic says it is too high. The issue is we cannot find what the standard height is on a car this old. We have asked the manufacturer of the kit ( terrain Taimer ) and they do not know what the start point is.

The mechanic needs to know the from the centre of the wheel hub to the bottom of the guard.

Hope someone has the informations

Thx

My only advice is to ring the state government engineers dept they are the one who make all the decisions. 

When I have rung them they were quite friendly and helpful 

Also you could ring the RACQ or equivalent Automobile Club in your state and get put through to their engineers department. 

The Automobile Clubs also do inspections of your car with a full report. 

I usually get them to inspect a car that I am buying. It saves you quite a lot of money if there is anything wrong with the car. 

Whe I bought my hilux I got it inspected by RACQ. The Hilux had major issues with the transfercase and as it was still under warranty the dealer had to fix it otherwise they would have been reported to the government machinery department and got them selves in a lot of legal trouble.

Hope this helps 

Let me know how you get on 🙂