GreenFence

Upgrading 2010 Aurion ATX Headlights

Hey all,

I have an Aurion ATX and the low beam are absolutely shocking. I'm not sure if this is common but as soon as you leave a decently lit suburban area you really want to use high beam just to be able to see properly.

My question today is are they just H11 globes? If so, are they able to be changed without ripping apart the headlight assembly?

I'm looking at some NARVA globes but I'm also open to suggestions.

Cheers

Edited by GreenFence

No need to rip out headlight unless your hand cant get in there. There is usually a plug that goes into the bulb

Check out illumo LED lights. The build quality is now higher than previous LED bulbs

9 minutes ago, jeffy said:

No need to rip out headlight unless your hand cant get in there. There is usually a plug that goes into the bulb

Check out illumo LED lights. The build quality is now higher than previous LED bulbs

No issues throwing an LED in when it comes with halogen (I assume it's halogen)? I'll check them out!

1 hour ago, GreenFence said:

No issues throwing an LED in when it comes with halogen (I assume it's halogen)? I'll check them out!

none that i can think of: you have projectors on your ones so yours will aim correctly, where as if you dont have projectors (like my car)  and the light output is scattered 

I have a light bar, stedi is the brand and they sell a wiring loom that plugs straight in. I can see everything with high beam on.

I have fitted GE Megalight Ultra +130 H11 headlight bulbs and been using them for about 6 months, maybe longer. At first, they did not appear to be that much brighter but after about 2 weeks I thought that they were brighter. What I did notice was the increased light projection distance. Very noticable improvement when on high beam.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/store/category/car-bulbs/fitting/h11

If I had to replace my headlight bulbs, I would also be considering the OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited H11 headlight bulbs which also come with a 12mth warranty.

Something else that I have been reading up on is how restoring the headlight lenses results in more light on the road. It is on my to do list.

Hi 

Have a look at the Philips H 11 bulbs , these are good. I had them on my 2010 Aurion Prodige, I still have a new set with me.

Regards

JP

Went with some OSRAM bulbs. Now I just need to clean my cloudy headlights...

Thanks guys!

Might be a good idea to take some before and after photos to indicate just how much of an improvement comes from cleaning the headlights and also a change of the headlight bulbs.

was previous driving an Outlander with LED bulbs, switched to 2010 Aurion and was so uncomfortable driving at night with the oem bulbs. Ordered LED bulbs, will try them on soon.

Hey guys, new poster to the forum. Was looking for info on installing Angel Headlights in my Aurion Prodigy MY10, but all the relevant forum posts I could find were almost 10 years old. So I opted to ask you guys instead!

have you guys had much experience having such LED/Xenon headlights fitted? How did it go? It appears there are some full headlight kits you can purchase online to replace but these seem to have their own issues...!

Reading over other forum posts it seems circa 2013 people were reccommending some specific workshops in Sydney to get the work done (custom of course). I’m not particularly keen on attempting to do this work myself (very disinterested, in fact). I’m also not really sold on the ‘kits’ you can buy out there, either! So I was wondering if there were any such places that might do that kind of stuff in Melbourne? Are they able to also swap the indicators out from the old halogen bulbs to the new ‘flowing’ LED strips that are all over eBay (not that I’m sold on those being the perfect solution either). Is it possible/wise to put these strips in the headlights? Is it possible to change the headlights around to make them more ‘lidde’?

What about the fog lights? Is it possible to replace those with some kind of CCFL/Xenon/LED alternative? Would it be wiser to install some ‘daylight driving’ LED lights in place of the fog lights? Would it be better to keep both? Is that even really possible? Where would you recommend placing the daylight driving LED’s if you wanted to keep the fog lights?

I’ve also found replacement LED taillights on eBay. Have you guys had much experience with these? Again is it better to go with getting someone to custom do it, rather than just buying a pre-made set off eBay? Who would you recommend in Melbourne for that kinda stuff?

Finally some questions about interior LED lighting — is it hard to install? Do you guys recommmend people in Melbourne to do it?

I have more questions about upgrading the radio/computer system, about changing the wheels/rims, and about changing part of the body kit and grille to make the car look more... exciting, but I know this isn’t the best thread to be asking for help from. I’m also somewhat perplexed about the legality of such changes to the body (I won’t be lowering the car, nor increasing the window tint either, both of which I know to be illegal). Any advice on useful resources on these?

Thanks in advance for all your help!