eBay Android Head Units

GreenFence

I made a post about headunits and I've since come across these eBay headunits. They fit great and look factory which I much prefer.

Being generic and not a brand name unit I'm just wanting to see if anyone has had any bad experiences using these.

Unit in question

Cheers!

Edited by GreenFence

Had a similar one, after a while the screen would flicker and degrade. Ended up getting one of these and haven't had a issue. I have a Aurion 06 Sportivo ZR6, and it fit straight in, plug n play.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-1-Android-9-0-Quad-Core-Car-Media-Player-GPS-For-Toyota-Camry-Aurion/123846883242?hash=item1cd5d977aa:g:mAwAAOSwKLVdNub7

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 9:44 AM, SlayerT said:

Had a similar one, after a while the screen would flicker and degrade. Ended up getting one of these and haven't had a issue. I have a Aurion 06 Sportivo ZR6, and it fit straight in, plug n play.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-1-Android-9-0-Quad-Core-Car-Media-Player-GPS-For-Toyota-Camry-Aurion/123846883242?hash=item1cd5d977aa:g:mAwAAOSwKLVdNub7

Ah that is what I am looking for.. did you put it in yourself or did you have someone do it for you? 

Put it in myself, easy as. Existing plugs, go into the headunit. You just need to take the black plastic covering off the back of the climate control unit before attaching it to the new headunit.

• 10 months later...

Digging up an old thread...

I was wondering how you folks going with the ebay headunit? I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket headunit for my Presara after my OEM unit got locked due to battery change and isn't holding the map CD in to initiate the system reset. Any advice on how to fix the OEM, or if not then which headunit to look around for?

On 7/13/2020 at 5:19 PM, Arian10Daddy said:

my OEM unit got locked due to battery change and isn't holding the map CD in to initiate the system reset

Have you tried to contact the dealer for advice ? This has never happened to me after having to replace a battery but is it asking for a code or is it just not responding ?

On 7/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, Tony Prodigy said:

Have you tried to contact the dealer for advice ? This has never happened to me after having to replace a battery but is it asking for a code or is it just not responding ?

I tried asking the dealer. They said they can try a newer map cd to see if it works, else they will have to send the unit to the manufacturer.

The dealership will charge a hundred bucks just to have that preliminary diagnosis and sending to manufacturer, but can't comment on the manufacturer's repair cost.

The last bit is a bummer, cause I can't commit to an unknown price of repair. What if the repair is costlier than getting a new aftermarket head unit?

Hi Arian, Personally I would look into a new head unit, i am sure you will find it is way cheaper and less time wasting than an unknown price from the manufacturer who will more than likely say it is way out of date being a 2010 model..I am guessing you can't get out right now in Victoria so maybe look online for the future when you can get out and about..do some research to find something you like and can afford and update your present unit..there are a lot that offer sat/nav as well as all your standard functions..

Keep us updated as to what you decide and how things progress mate

Keep Safe down there

KAA

11 hours ago, Arian10Daddy said:

I tried asking the dealer. They said they can try a newer map cd to see if it works, else they will have to send the unit to the manufacturer.

Sounds like hogwash to me mate. You mentioned that the head unit got locked out after a new battery install, yes ? Correct me if I'm wrong. So this mean't you putting in the radio code to initialize the head unit to the vehicle. If it's locked out, then how would a newer map CD be of any use if the head unit doesn't work ? Either that or it simply had a major malfunction during the battery swap.

My understanding is that after putting in a radio code, then it should come back to operational use. If it is simply unresponsive, I'd say it's toast. You could either go after market or get a clean one from a wrecker.