early lift

i was just flicking through the 9thgencorolla.com site, and i came across a huge thread about a guy who had modded his corolla to engage lift at earlier RPMs...

this has probably already been discussed at length over here, but i did a quick search and couldnt find anything..

anyway here's the thread, i havent read much of it, cos i only have an ascent, but it seemed interesting...

EARLY LIFT ENGAGEMENT

Edited by blue_rolla

There is also Project 5500. But they wont tell anyone how to do it untill they have done all the dynos to prove it works :rolleyes: .

And the same topic but different forum. Lift Lowering Alternative

I think that they are setting lift too early, should be about 5700. I'm sure Corey will back me up on this.

From the testing that we did with the power FC we found that the ideal cam change point was 5700rpm, for those that have been in my car the change to lift now is more linear this was because of the lift point change.

If changing the lift point as described on the other forums is a success, then the motor shouldnt have too many breaking type issues as the power that the drivetrain is suppose to handle is still going through the motor just earlier...Am i correct in assuming this?

If changing the lift point as described on the other forums is a success, then the motor shouldnt have too many breaking type issues as the power that the drivetrain is suppose to handle is still going through the motor just earlier...Am i correct in assuming this?

correct.

a point that is porbably being left off though is will lowering the lift point on a stock car make a difference ?

I dunno maybe yes may be no (im leaning towards no) as with the pfc while the low cam is on we have also had the cam timing/ignition time tuned to improve performance so you need to see will a stock tune offer the same benefits

it'll sure make a differene in your ability to stay in lift on changes and that can only help

what im sort of getting at though dylan is will have that extra rpm down around the change over point really going to help if it struggles when the cam is kicked over because u havent exhausted the power out of ur lower cam and because it simply wasnt tuned to optamise the cam kicking over at say 5700. as for all we know at that rpm point the lower cam could be pulling more power and torque .... on a stock tune

I guess we just wont know until someone does it and puts it on a dyno to see if there is any difference. I think that it wont make a difference if you are out of lift but if you are shifting while in lift i think that there will be a difference