Canberra Meet

hey all,

looking for all canberra members!!!

a couple of us were looking to start a meet up or something, like other states have done.

i know the rolla club have meets every month (i think, Trendact or Glenn please confirm? :P ) so if u like we can start meeting up with them (im sure they wouldnt mind) or if u want we can have a TOC meet first in canberra.

but yeah, this is just an expression of interest so we can all firstly find out who the canberra members are, and if anyone is keen!

so post up if your a canberra member and if your keen, and rolla club guys, if u could post in here the details of your stuff that might be handy too!

thanks heaps guys!

Michael

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giddy up!

Count me in. I'm sick of being the only Corolla on Lonsdale St!

You are not looking hard enough then :P

Yes Rolla Club do meet every month and also do the odd crusie etc..... and we would love to see you at our meetings etc.....

General Club meetings are on the 2nd Monday of the month at Woden Tradies Club. Just send me a PM for more info......

Yeah well obviously I'm in too, depending on day of the week etc.

We should start at the Servo...?

Problem is my car still looks pretty grandma with the stock hubbies on.

At least it sounds like a truck/nightclub

Well count me in as well. Was hoping there were 'real' sportivo enthusiasts in Canberra. All I've seen so far are middle adged women driving them, bar two black ones :blink:. Btw there is a girl out there with a red sportivo pre-face lift with 18in konig unkowns on her ride that were fitted by ozzy here in Canberra. Only time I saw it was in the ozzy shop...that's it. Get on here girl and come for some cruises!!

Cheers peeps.

Yeah, i am definately intrerested too guys.....havnt shown up to the Rollaclub meets in a little while because of other engagements.....car is also out of action this weekend...but we should stop talking about meeting up and someone actually suggest a time and place.....i am also looking to head up to Sydney in April for their monthly meet, if anyone else is interested???

Wont suggest a time and place yet....thats until i get my car back.... but any suggestions....lets put something into action!!!

Well count me in as well. Was hoping there were 'real' sportivo enthusiasts in Canberra. All I've seen so far are middle adged women driving them, bar two black ones :blink:. Btw there is a girl out there with a red sportivo pre-face lift with 18in konig unkowns on her ride that were fitted by ozzy here in Canberra. Only time I saw it was in the ozzy shop...that's it. Get on here girl and come for some cruises!!

Cheers peeps.

I've seen this chick on Akuna St in Civic one day. She pulled up beside me, gave me a thumbs up and turned off towards the Crowne Plaza. I posted up in the "Spotted" thread but havent heard from her.

But yeah, not sure if I am in town or not this weekend but most other weekends I am here.

Lets get some suggestions happening.

Cheers peeps.

Yeah i saw the same car sitting at Ozzy the day they finsihed with it.....I got out and had a look too, the boys at ozzy said a chick drove it......

Then 2 hours later when i was in town she drove past the other way.....but i didnt get a very look (damn it...lol)

hey all,

good to see there are more canberra members then we first thought!!!!!

tayles suggested a servo, i guess ours (airport) cos its sorta out of the way so its a place where we can meet up first thats sorta outta the way, so we can look at each others cars and decide what we are doing without annoying many people. just a suggestion though, happy to meet up elsewhere.

as for when, thursdays are pretty good for me, and saturdays also but preferably not friday, as i gotta play soccer!!!

but yeah, keep the suggestions coming and we'll organise something!

Michael

I've seen this chick on Akuna St in Civic one day. She pulled up beside me, gave me a thumbs up and turned off towards the Crowne Plaza. I posted up in the "Spotted" thread but havent heard from her.

But yeah, not sure if I am in town or not this weekend but most other weekends I am here.

Lets get some suggestions happening.

Yeah i saw the same car sitting at Ozzy the day they finsihed with it.....I got out and had a look too, the boys at ozzy said a chick drove it......

Then 2 hours later when i was in town she drove past the other way.....but i didnt get a very look (damn it...lol)

Oh I had a good look lol. I drove right up into Ozzy and parked next to it haha. Went in and immediately got a quote from Mohammed (who was like...WTF? there's two red tivos out the front now???)That car helped me make my decision on rim sizes. 18's fit perfect and balance out the looks of the car. I'll use 18's for the street and the stockers for the strip (if I get there with some mods haha). Btw Airport sounds decent. Theres a car park just down from it that's always empty (high commission public car park I think?) And one more thing...Shell at wanniassa and dickson officially stock the Optimax Extreme 100 octane 5% ethanol now (which you all probably know :blink: ). Cheers peeps!

The carpark near/at/on the airport sounds good or even the servo there....it is all good for me living at campbell :)

Next Thursday (30th March) is good for me because i dont get my car back until Monday (27th)...and i will be away the 1st/2nd of April :(

If you are all keen i think that would be a good time and night....otherwise i will have to catch up with you all early April....

Depending on what the go is i will contact Glenn (turbo rolla) from rollaclub and see if he is free too....

Could be anice turn out

RO114 aka Richo

ok well someone suggested next thursday (30th) as a suggested meet day, and (most) people seem happy with the airport servo as a meeting place, so do we wanna go ahead with this? i can organise so we wont get kicked outta the servo, and we can meet there and decide where to go from there?

post up, lets hear what u all think!

The carpark near/at/on the airport sounds good or even the servo there....it is all good for me living at campbell :)

Next Thursday (30th March) is good for me because i dont get my car back until Monday (27th)...and i will be away the 1st/2nd of April :(

If you are all keen i think that would be a good time and night....otherwise i will have to catch up with you all early April....

Depending on what the go is i will contact Glenn (turbo rolla) from rollaclub and see if he is free too....

Could be anice turn out

RO114 aka Richo

i like the rims u got on your car (i saw a pic over on rollaclub site) where did u pick them up from?

Doesn't really worry me where we meet. Although I guess somewhere in Civic would be good because its central to everyone.

Somewhere with a lit car park or something.

Also if everyones up for it, why not have something this weekend, even if it is just a meet for an hour or two, a cruise and a feed somewhere.

I'm just throwing down ideas anyways...

Doesn't really worry me where we meet. Although I guess somewhere in Civic would be good because its central to everyone.

Somewhere with a lit car park or something.

Also if everyones up for it, why not have something this weekend, even if it is just a meet for an hour or two, a cruise and a feed somewhere.

I'm just throwing down ideas anyways...

Cant do this weekend - car is in the shop and cant do next weekend - i am away.

Thursday (next week 30th) is really the best option for me....that is if you guys want to do something soon....

yeah, civic is close but the airport is not that far away form civic and if we want somewhere to start with that is not busy it could be a good idea...but i am keen for any place....i have a car to get there (lol)

Given that I still sound like Darth Vader (ulcerated throat/flu) this weekend could be a problem for me also, but it's cool. There's always next week for me. For the record: NONE OF YOU GUYS DESERVE TO HAVE WHAT I JUST HAD! Hallucinations, fever, throat like sandpaper...yeech. I in no way want to give it to any of you! lol

I don't care where we meet now really.

Hopefully I'm ok tho and right by the weekend tho, who knows?

Anyhooo

Take it easy people!

Hahahaha :lol: Indeed I am. If you were a Family Guy fan you would make the link between "Giggiddy" and my display pic at left.

<--------------

Anyways. I've got exams coming up but I'm still pumped for cruising with you guys. I also have a big soccer commitment which could pose a problem for thursday nights, but i may be able to still make it depending on time.

I'm definitely a fan of Mick0082's plan of just a little meet if we don't have everyone. And then later on when everyone is available we could get the whole crew organised to come.

Somewhere around the airport is definitely the way to go as Micky and I are friendly with enough people there not to get us kicked out (esp. the servo ;) ) And there are some nice new buildings with big car parks that could be seen as an ideal photo opportunity... You take photo's at meets right?

Looking forward to it :)

Hahahaha :lol: Indeed I am. If you were a Family Guy fan you would make the link between "Giggiddy" and my display pic at left.

<--------------

Anyways. I've got exams coming up but I'm still pumped for cruising with you guys. I also have a big soccer commitment which could pose a problem for thursday nights, but i may be able to still make it depending on time.

I'm definitely a fan of Mick0082's plan of just a little meet if we don't have everyone. And then later on when everyone is available we could get the whole crew organised to come.

Somewhere around the airport is definitely the way to go as Micky and I are friendly with enough people there not to get us kicked out (esp. the servo ;) ) And there are some nice new buildings with big car parks that could be seen as an ideal photo opportunity... You take photo's at meets right?

Looking forward to it :)

That's all good man. Yeah I'd take photos if I ever bothered to get a camera :blink: lol (Being a musician I spent around $6000 dollars on my guitars, amps, effects units etc, that dented things kinda). Mines stock except the drop man. Not worth taking photos yet for my ride. Hope to catch up with you and mick soon. Take care man.