Canberra Meet

So what is the go everyone???

What are you all thinking????

If Thursday is alright for most people we could work around 'Tayles' soccer timings....what is everyones thoughts???

Lets get peoples timings and days down!!!!!

If not, lets start getting something down...either if it is weeks away - it is difficult to get everyone together without enough time....

Just trying to sort this out....would be good to see everyones car :)

Richo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep good idea. Let's all put down our availability for Thurs, Fri and Sat nights say for the next few weeks and see if it pulls out a clear day when we're all free. I shall start:

Thurs 30 Mar: free 9:30pm +

Fri 31 Mar: unavailable

Sat 1 Apr: FREE

Thurs 6 Apr: unavailable

Fri 7 Apr: FREE

Sat 8 Apr: FREE

Thurs 13 Apr: free 9:30pm +

Fri 14 Apr: FREE

Sat 15 Apr: FREE

Thurs 30 Mar: FREE

Fri 31 Mar: FREE

Sat 1 Apr: unavailable

Thurs 6 Apr: FREE

Fri 7 Apr: FREE

Sat 8 Apr: unavailable (goin to Sydney)

Thurs 13 Apr: FREE

Fri 14 Apr: FREE (Easter time :) but FREE)

Sat 15 Apr: FREE

Friday and saturday nights are can only do a little bit. Have to be at work at 3 in the morning. Any other day is usually fine with me tho. Don't care. Daytime cruise wouldn't be too bad either. Unsure on times atm tho.

Cheers,

"The badger grew wings and flew south to the spoon city."

This is a tough one guys.

I'm pretty much available every weekday evening but not really keen on staying out late as I have early starts during the weekdays.

Weekends are pretty free as I don't work then and havent got any out of town trips over the next couple of weekends.

Today would have been a good opportunity, for those of us that were free. That italian car show is on a Grevillea Park (wherever that is).

We could have crusied to that, had a look and then maybe go somewhere for some pics etc.

Oh well, I only found out about it last night when I saw an ad on the TV.

and at last we finally organised something! not a bad little italian car show today if i do say so. but hey, at least we were able to finally meet up (well a few of us anyway) apologies to all other members, it was a last minute thing and only the people who were online at that very moment found out about it, we would have loved to have more there!

so whats the go, do we wanna have a set date for a meet every month, or should we just have a meet and cruise whenever we feel like it and most of us are free. im up for a daytime cruise again on sundays, easier to take some pics and stuff.

as for availability, most nights are fine with me, but as mick said, probably cant stay too late... but we'll see how it all pans out.

cheers anyway to those who made it today! had a mad time, and cant wait till we can increase the size and start to terrorise canberra with rolla pride!

Darn it,

where were u guys? Was at the show too for a bit, some v. nice bikes and cars dare i say! Apparently someone was reving a lambo nicely too, pity i missed it as i was there a bit later like 1pm. And those ducati's......many of which are worth as much if not more than our cars with half the wheels......but then again...can u put a price on the sound of 19000rpm...mmmmmm

For my 2 blobs, i'm gd for most wk ends....weekday nights are a bit tougher for me too....but then time can always be made...

chereo

two beers

and at last we finally organised something! not a bad little italian car show today if i do say so. but hey, at least we were able to finally meet up (well a few of us anyway) apologies to all other members, it was a last minute thing and only the people who were online at that very moment found out about it, we would have loved to have more there!

so whats the go, do we wanna have a set date for a meet every month, or should we just have a meet and cruise whenever we feel like it and most of us are free. im up for a daytime cruise again on sundays, easier to take some pics and stuff.

as for availability, most nights are fine with me, but as mick said, probably cant stay too late... but we'll see how it all pans out.

cheers anyway to those who made it today! had a mad time, and cant wait till we can increase the size and start to terrorise canberra with rolla pride!

Cheers Mick. Mick and I had mad time too. Terrorising canberra with some rolla pride makes my mouth salivate.

Btw, enjoyed our llittle run we had past Parilament House! We left everyone for dead lmao. Take it easy man, talk to you again soon!

yeah too bad there was no politicians around to hear the sound off lift bouncing off all those walls!!! man i needed to get my car lowered, yours just out handled me around there, nice and smooth i was impressed!!!

Yeah thanks for a great arvo guys. The time absolutely flew!

Then again so did you guys, I was trailing out back :(

Looking forward to the next meet, hopefully we'll get abit on a convoy happening!

I've put this entry in here as it's more related to us Canberra people. So here goes.

Spotted: 2003-2004 preface lift black sportivo in CIT Reid carpark w. superlow springs. Looked to be a 50mm drop. Other than that I didn't pry into it too much. Went to the trouble of leaving a note with my email and the address to this website if they are interested (hopefully they are, hopefully they're already on here and we know them lol). So come on black sportivo person! Join the fun!

Ps: Hey micky once you get the lowering springs it'll be all good man. Alllllll gooooooood ;D

Peace out...

Yeah thanks for a great arvo guys. The time absolutely flew!

Then again so did you guys, I was trailing out back :(

Looking forward to the next meet, hopefully we'll get abit on a convoy happening!

Trailing out back my **** lol. You were fine mate.

Guys,

Today is Tuesday, so that means Thursday isn't far away.

There hasnt been much more discussion about a meet.

Is everyone still up for this?

Should be ok with me mate. I think something during the day on saturday might be better tho huh? I think the three of us agreed to that on Sunday (or not? :S)

Til then, take it easy mate.

I am still keen however my car has been delayed, hopefully it will be ready....i will keep everyone posted.

Once again i will be away this weekend but am keen for a daily weekend meet or something....

What time thursday too???

************************ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ACHTUNG! ACTHUNG!**************************

Hello fellow Canberra Sportivo/1zz drivers. It is now official, our mini-meet up will commence tomorrow at 9:30pm in the pulic servant (High Commission) car park just up from the Caltex servo (mick's servo) at the airport. Be good to see everyone there and introduce Canberra to the chorus of multiple 2zz's hitting lift!

LET US BE ONE!

*****************************************************************************************

are we still gonna go ahead with this fellas? cos at the moment its sorta pouring.... and im not too keen on getting drenched all night...

i'll be back from uni at 7:30 so should be able to check this then, but if u guys make a decision beforehand, throw me a sms robbie so i know!

cheers fellas

P.S. had a mad run with a fully sik SSS before, will have to tell u all later, man i p1ssed him off!

Edited by micky_tee

Cant wait to hear about the SSS.

Just off topic (as far as tonights meet is concerned).

If we are actually going to be meeting up for regular meets then maybe we should look at getting handheld UHF's.

You can get small Uniden ones for $60 a pair ($30 each if we go halves with another member).

They have 3km radius reception and for a few $$$ more you can get ones that have a 5km radius.

Just a thought, saves your mobile bill.

If we are actually going to be meeting up for regular meets then maybe we should look at getting handheld UHF's.

You can get small Uniden ones for $60 a pair ($30 each if we go halves with another member).

They have 3km radius reception and for a few $$$ more you can get ones that have a 5km radius.

I am selling the same CB's !!!! .... but only $50 for the pair (i'll throw in shipping to canberra) ! .. sorry for the hi jack ... check buy n sell

carry on !

Hey,

Unfortunetly my car is still out of action (i wont get it back till tomorrow) but i am all good to meet up tonight....hopefully hear more....thats if no one is liking the rain situation...

Cheers

Richo

Mick, you are a genius. See!!! The Italians are pure class!!!

Lol, anyway. Cheers Eggbert, we shall keep in touch.

And Mr. T, I shall give you an sms letting you know what's going on. I managed to get hold of order_last_1 and he pm'd me last night saying he'd come. Richo stated he will be coming also. Mick is a no unfortunately (won't be the same without you mate), but hopefully some of us will turn up, although not many people replied to my thread :S. So far I've counted only four of us I think (you [if you can brave the rain :(], richo, order last 1 and me lol). I hope to *** there's more. Will keep an eye on this forum tho.

And as for the SSS, good work Mr. T (I piddy da fool haha). I wish it was me. Hopefully I'll hear about it tonight if you come. Maybe we can hang about at the servo out of rain if there's not too many of us mate???

I'll be watching!!! Come on people POST! lol

I am selling the same CB's !!!! .... but only $50 for the pair (i'll throw in shipping to canberra) ! .. sorry for the hi jack ... check buy n sell

carry on !

haha nice work jase!!! u just wanna make sure your balls dont get cut off by your wife dont ya!!!

well here u are, a big BUMP from me for u!!!

And Mr. T, I shall give you an sms letting you know what's going on. I managed to get hold of order_last_1 and he pm'd me last night saying he'd come. Richo stated he will be coming also. Mick is a no unfortunately (won't be the same without you mate), but hopefully some of us will turn up, although not many people replied to my thread :S. So far I've counted only four of us I think (you [if you can brave the rain :(], richo, order last 1 and me lol). I hope to *** there's more. Will keep an eye on this forum tho.

And as for the SSS, good work Mr. T (I piddy da fool haha). I wish it was me. Hopefully I'll hear about it tonight if you come. Maybe we can hang about at the servo out of rain if there's not too many of us mate???

nice at least there is a few of us now anyway!

so its all going ahead? come on mick come out just for a little while, u know u want to lol!

yeah we can do whatever, doesnt bother me, we can go sit in the servo and eat or something... i guess lol

carry on !

haha nice work jase!!! u just wanna make sure your balls dont get cut off by your wife dont ya!!!

well here u are, a big BUMP from me for u!!!

nice at least there is a few of us now anyway!

so its all going ahead? come on mick come out just for a little while, u know u want to lol!

yeah we can do whatever, doesnt bother me, we can go sit in the servo and eat or something... i guess lol

Yeah I know I want to.

You never know, I might just surprise everyone!