Canberra Meet

hey guys, thanks for a good night!!!

had a mad time, good to meet other corolla drivers in canberra (even if 2 of u didnt have your cars!!!!)

i think u all should check out THIS thread, and if we all be really nice XOOM is going to pin it for us along with the syd and bris meets.

thanks again fellas, cant wait till the next one!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no photo's yet, by the time we got there it was all dark, plus certain people didn't have there cars (richo) :P so yeah next time hopefully photo's galore. make sure u come along mate, we need another 1ZZ!

Yep, my bad......the car will be there next time, so you can all stare at its amazing beauty then :)

Was good to finally meet everyone and i am looking forward to next Sunday....Rob can you please pass on my msn and mobile details to the others, Cheers.

I will speak to you all on monday when i return from my wonderful weekend away :P

Cheers

Richo

You're damn right we need another 1ZZ :lol:

I felt a bit left out cos I didn't have any stories about dragging fat kids in SSS's :P hahahaha

ah well... I can still own all the grannies out there with my hubcaps B) who votes Micky should let me put his stock Sportivo 16's on my car? They're just sitting around otherwise.... <_<

Oh and Mick(0082)'s idea of the CB radios is a deadset winner ;)

'Rolla pride

Edited by Tayles

Yeah I think Mickey Tee should loan out the 16's for a lil while, maybe just til some 17's are saved up for.

As for the UHF's, they're going to be handy! I might start having a sniff around for some small handheld units with a 5km range. They will prob be abit priceier than the 3km units so we'll have to see what everyones happy to pay.

18s Mick, 18s ;)

hahahaha :lol:

coilovers jimmy, coilovers ;)

heeheeheeheeheeheehee!

Yes mick I think that is a good idea (still high on drugs btw - Demazin is good shiznit).

Ciaos!

Hahahaha don't get on my back about suspension, talk to the Taylor with the 4WD 'Rolla :lol:

18s Mick, 18s ;)

Now your talkin!

Wasn't sure what your preferences were. Some people to have abit of a sidewall so that you retain abit of comfort. Unfortunately you'll possibly have to go to a 30 series tyre (as opposed to my 35 series). This is simply because the 1zz comes out with a smaller rolling diameter wheel than the 2zz.

I'll take you for a run in my car though, its nowhere near rough.

I will need new shocks before long though. Perhaps coilovers instead.

I'll see what my suspension guy says though...he knows his sh!t.

18s Mick, 18s ;)

Now your talkin!

Wasn't sure what your preferences were. Some people to have abit of a sidewall so that you retain abit of comfort. Unfortunately you'll possibly have to go to a 30 series tyre (as opposed to my 35 series). This is simply because the 1zz comes out with a smaller rolling diameter wheel than the 2zz.

Yeah man he should say it's all good. 35mm drop still gives us decent suspension travel and isn't too hard on the stock shocks. If you went lower (55mm drop or 65mm) our shocks would go after about 2 years. But it is a good excuse to get coilovers lol. My list so far are three main brands: Koni ($$$ I think), TEIN, and cusco.

Of all three of those I've come up with the following:

KONI = Fecking expensive but the damper adjusting and build quality is insane (they use them on touring cars), but they do have ride height adjustables only (no damper) if you wanted a slightly stiffer ride and the ability to dump it or raise it without busting your wallet. This was a high recommendation from my godfathers son who races with a set of koni's (more importantly from someone that's trusted in the family lol).

TEIN = Suprisingly seems to be the best bang for buck (seems to be) $2170 for a set of four damper, pillowball/camber adjustable and rideheight adjustable coilovers. This quote was from Capital Steering and Suspension. There is an issue with Capital Steering and Suspension that I'll discuss with you guys outside of this forum tho lol.

CUSCO = $2800 for Cusco Zero 2 (used by the infamous Mr. North and the super cool wei wei), they are damper and ride height adjustable. $2150 for Cusco Zero 1, they are ride height adjustable only. Cusco for some reason are all the buzz when it comes to our cars (build possibly).

The exact dimensions of a coke can btw is 123mm high (thought I'd add that if we ever wanted to dump our cars more and not get defected by the RTA pests [poor Richo :(]). 123mm off the ground with no weight, 100mm off the ground with full load. Mick, you and I can only go an extra 1/2 an inch at the front and 1 inch at the back as an example (equal gap front and back sets up our cars perfect apparently [rear guard is lower than front]). So yeah.

Anyway sorry I raved on. Just thought it would be fair that I share my findings with my comrades.

I REALLY want my car to handle better and sit perfectly.

Anyhoo, peace out people and take care!

Lots of good info there, if only I had the $$$.

Regarding the UHF/CB radio topic:

Heres the radios I was talking about:

UHF's on Ebay

These are $169-$199 each in the stores.

2W operation which can get a maximum of 8km reception, and even further if your in the facinity of a repeater station (duplex function).

Alot of you will probably be just as happy with the 0.5w units for $60 a pair. But i'll be making use of mine on other occaisions, not just for crusies.

18s Mick, 18s ;)

Now your talkin!

Yeah man he should say it's all good. 35mm drop still gives us decent suspension travel and isn't too hard on the stock shocks. If you went lower (55mm drop or 65mm) our shocks would go after about 2 years. But it is a good excuse to get coilovers lol. My list so far are three main brands: Koni ($$$ I think), TEIN, and cusco.

Of all three of those I've come up with the following:

KONI = Fecking expensive but the damper adjusting and build quality is insane (they use them on touring cars), but they do have ride height adjustables only (no damper) if you wanted a slightly stiffer ride and the ability to dump it or raise it without busting your wallet. This was a high recommendation from my godfathers son who races with a set of koni's (more importantly from someone that's trusted in the family lol).

TEIN = Suprisingly seems to be the best bang for buck (seems to be) $2170 for a set of four damper, pillowball/camber adjustable and rideheight adjustable coilovers. This quote was from Capital Steering and Suspension. There is an issue with Capital Steering and Suspension that I'll discuss with you guys outside of this forum tho lol.

CUSCO = $2800 for Cusco Zero 2 (used by the infamous Mr. North and the super cool wei wei), they are damper and ride height adjustable. $2150 for Cusco Zero 1, they are ride height adjustable only. Cusco for some reason are all the buzz when it comes to our cars (build possibly).

The exact dimensions of a coke can btw is 123mm high (thought I'd add that if we ever wanted to dump our cars more and not get defected by the RTA pests [poor Richo :(]). 123mm off the ground with no weight, 100mm off the ground with full load. Mick, you and I can only go an extra 1/2 an inch at the front and 1 inch at the back as an example (equal gap front and back sets up our cars perfect apparently [rear guard is lower than front]). So yeah.

Anyway sorry I raved on. Just thought it would be fair that I share my findings with my comrades.

I REALLY want my car to handle better and sit perfectly.

Anyhoo, peace out people and take care!

Note: I rang the Dickson motor registry today. 100mm IS the legal limit irregardless of the 'coke can clearance' crap. I'm sick of being thrown one way or another regarding this but I've finally come up with a final conclusion regarding that. Richo, what they said to you was bull****. If that ever happens again tell it to their faces lol "Measure it PROPERLY *******." hehe.

Just thought I'd update you on my findings (yes I know I'm anal about ride height...I'm sorry lol).

Ciaos.

nice work robbie, finally got an answer out of him, can we expect the red rocket to be scraping the speed bumps soon? :P

BTW micky, bought eggberts UHF radios, so now jimmy and i have one each, so i think u'd better buy one lol!!!

and yeah all, i got an idea about next sundays meet, but u all gotta go to the other thread cos its the official one, this is the one where we can all chat and our posts dont get lost by everyone elses posts!!! yay!

Hooray! :lol:

Hey 'Berrans, Micahel reckons it's illegal for me to run 18" fulsiks on my Conquest 'cos "the law <_< " says I can only ride on wheels that are no more than 2" greater than the stockies (15" wheels from factory obviously). This sounds very uncool :o , so let's listen to Mick (as opposed to Michael) who reckons it should be fine :lol: provided I get 215 / 30 / 18 size tyres. HOWEVER :blink: there's a guy on the site called "Jade" (at least I assume it's a guy) who's running 18" wheels on a Conq and he(?) has 215 / 35 / 18 tyres... :o So... Sup with that :huh: Also that guy who just made that post called "My Corolla" in the Corolla section is running 18" on a non-Sportivo too but I haven't asked him about tyres.

Any pearls of wisdom?

Roger Dodger over and out (just practicing the lingo for our CB radios) B)

Hooray! :lol:

Hey 'Berrans, Micahel reckons it's illegal for me to run 18" fulsiks on my Conquest 'cos "the law <_< " says I can only ride on wheels that are no more than 2" greater than the stockies (15" wheels from factory obviously). This sounds very uncool :o , so let's listen to Mick (as opposed to Michael) who reckons it should be fine :lol: provided I get 215 / 30 / 18 size tyres. HOWEVER :blink: there's a guy on the site called "Jade" (at least I assume it's a guy) who's running 18" wheels on a Conq and he(?) has 215 / 35 / 18 tyres... :o So... Sup with that :huh: Also that guy who just made that post called "My Corolla" in the Corolla section is running 18" on a non-Sportivo too but I haven't asked him about tyres.

Any pearls of wisdom?

Roger Dodger over and out (just practicing the lingo for our CB radios) B)

My motto is mate if you don't drive like an idiot usually no-one will bother you lol. Bangn' and Danz' motto too.

Now, as for the wheels. 215/30/18 should be a better profile as the rolling diameter is the same (speedo won't be out by much at all). The guy who's running 215/35/18 would have to compensate big time when driving for speed. Ring up the motor registry and see what they say (I did this with my ride height issue). You'll get a straight answer almost immediateley. If they say no (and your brother was correct) then I think the only way to get 18's on your car is through an engineering certificate I think!?. I say this only because I've seen so many done up lancers/pulsars with 18's on them (an old mate has a VRX with 18's [15 in standard]) so there has to be a way to do it without causing a ruckus. Do keep in mind though mate that some people don't care about the law in order to get their car looking decent lol.

"Bomb Planted!" - (Richo and Rob performing covert ops. against the Pulsar boys and utilizing our CB radio's as a communications link). HE HE HE

Yeah Mickey i'll have to get a UHF before sunday. Theres a copple i'm looking at on Ebay but if they fall through I might just go halves with someone and head down to Dicksmith's for a pair of the ones you got off Eggbert.

If anyone is interested in going halves with me let me know.

As for your wheels/tyres James:

I'm not sure what ACT rules are but NSW is apparently 2 inches up in diameter. I've never checked the rules formally for either ACT or NSW.

Now keep in mind I dont have my tyre calculator open but user this as a rough guide.

If your rims are going to be 18x7 then you will probably going to be needing 215/35/18.

If your going 18x7.5 (like mine) then your going to need 225/30/18 (if these exist).

This will get you the closest to your factory rolling diameter. You could run a 215/35/18 on a 7.5inch wide rim, but it could look a little stretched and 'under-tyred'

nice work robbie, finally got an answer out of him, can we expect the red rocket to be scraping the speed bumps soon? :P

BTW micky, bought eggberts UHF radios, so now jimmy and i have one each, so i think u'd better buy one lol!!!

and yeah all, i got an idea about next sundays meet, but u all gotta go to the other thread cos its the official one, this is the one where we can all chat and our posts dont get lost by everyone elses posts!!! yay!

YES! If I can leave trails of red paint all around Civic on our cruises I will be happy lmfao.

hey guys, just spotted...

2005 facelift white conquest hatch

sideskirts

17" or 18" shadow chrome rims

dropped about 35mm i'd say

rear wing + funky boot spoiler

rear lip and exhaust

and..... auto transmission!!!

not a bad looking car, big fan of the rims!

only time i dont have a pen and paper, dammit! otherwise they would have a note on their car now!!!!

oh yeah at Lanyon Woolies, ACT rego too

hey guys, just spotted...

2005 facelift white conquest hatch

sideskirts

17" or 18" shadow chrome rims

dropped about 35mm i'd say

rear wing + funky boot spoiler

rear lip and exhaust

and..... auto transmission!!!

not a bad looking car, big fan of the rims!

only time i dont have a pen and paper, dammit! otherwise they would have a note on their car now!!!!

oh yeah at Lanyon Woolies, ACT rego too

Interesting. This car had sportivo side skirts on it? Or Levin? Or custom Mr. T?

just levin ones i assume, well had the funny mesh stuff but no sportivo badges so i dunno which ever that one it

funny mesh? that's our kit (stivo). Levin kit has no mesh and is smaller than stivo (sits higher, stivo kit is bigger, so sits lower). Wouldn't have any Sportivo badges because they probably got it through toyota unpainted and unbadged methinks???

Edited by oO_CorollaSportivo03_Oo

Well count me in as well. Was hoping there were 'real' sportivo enthusiasts in Canberra. All I've seen so far are middle adged women driving them, bar two black ones :blink:. Btw there is a girl out there with a red sportivo pre-face lift with 18in konig unkowns on her ride that were fitted by ozzy here in Canberra. Only time I saw it was in the ozzy shop...that's it. Get on here girl and come for some cruises!!

Cheers peeps.

Hey CorollaSportivo03...and other stivo fantatics...

Sorry for my later reply! Didn't realised that you and others were looking for me. :blink: Definately would love to join da club and do some cruises. I'll probably turn up later this Sunday tho, say around 2:00....

Finally we have a Canberra sportivo enthusiast club happening....what took you guys so long?!

See ya later guys.

Well count me in as well. Was hoping there were 'real' sportivo enthusiasts in Canberra. All I've seen so far are middle adged women driving them, bar two black ones :blink:. Btw there is a girl out there with a red sportivo pre-face lift with 18in konig unkowns on her ride that were fitted by ozzy here in Canberra. Only time I saw it was in the ozzy shop...that's it. Get on here girl and come for some cruises!!

Cheers peeps.

Hey CorollaSportivo03...and other stivo fantatics...

Sorry for my later reply! Didn't realised that you and others were looking for me. :blink: Definately would love to join da club and do some cruises. I'll probably turn up later this Sunday tho, say around 2:00....

Finally we have a Canberra sportivo enthusiast club happening....what took you guys so long?!

See ya later guys.

Anytime would be good to rock up....do you know where you are goin or do you have the contact details for rob, mick x2 or myslef incase you get lost...or we move..hehe