Question about egr valve vacuumed lines

Adelaide aus andrew

Hey lads I’ve been getting this ticking noise when I decelerate and Coast at low speeds I’ve had a play around and it stops when I take the vacuum hose of the egr valve what could this be  I’ve tried cleaning the intake system and stil the same 

1DABD336-8727-4734-85FE-FD970304C280.jpeg

Hi  EGR is a crap system but because of the computer it must work

firstly get a vacuum guage check the pump then work your way through the system ,with these things its working your way through the system

could be a hose ,electrical ,or even check the o ring at the egr position sensor just gotta check i

is it throwing any codes ?

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 5:38 PM, Adelaide aus andrew said:

Hey lads I’ve been getting this ticking noise when I decelerate and Coast at low speeds I’ve had a play around and it stops when I take the vacuum hose of the egr valve what could this be  I’ve tried cleaning the intake system and stil the same 

1DABD336-8727-4734-85FE-FD970304C280.jpeg

On 9/11/2019 at 8:22 PM, Bigpete said:

Hi  EGR is a crap system but because of the computer it must work

firstly get a vacuum guage check the pump then work your way through the system ,with these things its working your way through the system

could be a hose ,electrical ,or even check the o ring at the egr position sensor just gotta check i

is it throwing any codes ?

Engine light comes on after a while if I drive it with that vacuum hose disconnected 

Just based upon experience with a Honda Prelude, I would be inclined to try and clean the EGR valve.

Next step is the pathway from the EGR valve to the inlet manifold or valve cover.

Something to further investigate so you know more about the EGR system for your specific engine.

Get the code prob going to be a p400 low egr gas flow  just been through all this crap mine was clean enough not to throw codes ended up being a vac hose 

but if you are going to explore go to Forby4diesel check out cleaning the egr system got some good vids on there give you some good info and tips if you are going to have a crack yourself