Kent wang

e10 fuel on trd aurion 3500s

Anybody running your trd on e10 fuel? can i share some experience? I realize  that will lost some pwer, but that is not the issue for me due to i just use the car travel to work. thanks.

Edited by Kent wang
wrong words

I have stopped using E10 fuel.

I did a few weeks trial with my Aurion ATX and fuel economy was worse by more than 10% with urban driving.

I stick with 91 unleaded with the occassional tank of 95 octane.

• Like 1

E10 isn't bad per say, because it can contain up to 94 octane and hence offer similar performance to 95 RON. The only drawback is the economy suffers a little and this is why it's cheaper than regular unleaded. Depending on someones weekly budget too, If they can afford to pay for the 95 then it's not a bad thing but standard unleaded is ok for general driving.

The TRD was designed to run on 98 I believe but you can use lower octane. The computer will adjust the settings for you so it's not detrimental to the engine. Knocking is what you want to avoid. It can blow a hole in your pistons and then it's game over.

What does it say on the inside of your fuel filler cap ?

95 or 98 ??

For me, I'd use what it says for the most part, but the occasional lower RON won't hurt it.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 8:14 PM, Kent wang said:

Anybody running your trd on e10 fuel? can i share some experience? I realize  that will lost some pwer, but that is not the issue for me due to i just use the car travel to work. thanks.

Ya might want to rethink that...False economy...Consider...Less millage...Less power = increased throttle application...Dirty fuel injectors...Put your TRD performance car on the market and buy a corolla....

6 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

E10 isn't bad per say, because it can contain up to 94 octane and hence offer similar performance to 95 RON. The only drawback is the economy suffers a little and this is why it's cheaper than regular unleaded. Depending on someones weekly budget too, If they can afford to pay for the 95 then it's not a bad thing but standard unleaded is ok for general driving.

Recent post by a TRD owner in another thread echoed my E10 experience. Economy suffered about 20% with the same octane rating. I have used E10 with 94/95 octane rating when highway driving and gotten approx. same fuel economy as 91 Unleaded

Buy the recommended fuel for your vehicle.

Incorrect fuel can have unexpected consequences. This was how a past computer games colleague dealt with a serial petrol thief. I think he put methanol in his fuel tank. He reckons that the pistons would have burnt out within a few kms. 

6 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Incorrect fuel can have unexpected consequences. This was how a past computer games colleague dealt with a serial petrol thief. I think he put methanol in his fuel tank. He reckons that the pistons would have burnt out within a few kms. 

Karma is a B***h. :laugh: That'll learn 'em lol..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Karma is a B***h. 

I am getting older and wiser. [supposedly] Precisely why I step to one side and let Karma do her thing. Always best to do the right thing.

For this post, it is using the recommended fuel as a minimum for your specific vehicle. 

26 minutes ago, campbeam said:

For this post, it is using the recommended fuel as a minimum for your specific vehicle. 

Agreed. 

The very notion of using E10 in a performance car beggars belief. If you don't want to pay for 98 RON buy something that doesn't.

My M3 is a premium only car and it's always 98.

The Aurion on the other hand will get E10, regular unleaded and the occasional 95. That's pretty much it.

Just now, Tony Prodigy said:

If you don't want to pay for 98 RON buy something that doesn't.

Exactly why I am highly unlikely to buy a performance vehicle requiring 98 Premium Unleaded.

I get enough fuel pump shock just looking at the differences in prices between 91, 95 and 98 Unleaded.

It was not that long ago [according to my memory bias] that it was only a 4 cent difference between 91 and 95 then another 6 cents from 95 to 98. 

7 minutes ago, campbeam said:

I get enough fuel pump shock just looking at the differences in prices between 91, 95 and 98 Unleaded.

It was not that long ago [according to my memory bias] that it was only a 4 cent difference between 91 and 95 then another 6 cents from 95 to 98.

Yep, I also remember a time when the difference was only a few cents...

Now they have this "Gouging" down to a fine art and hence we now now see up to 20 cents difference. I will make a note of this next time I fill up at the Scungy Caltex near my work.