Fan Belts

sarfan

We have just traded up from a 2002 3.5l V6 Camry Altise to a 2015 GSV50R Aurion AT-X and I was wanting to know if anyone knows if the 2 genuine Toyota belts we bought (and never used) for the Camry will fit the Aurion, please?

The belt's PN are: (Belt V Ribbed) 99364-90880 and (Belt Ribbed) 90916-02401.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 9:58 PM, AurionX2 said:

There is no 2002 3.5v6 Camry.

Well, bugger me. What were we driving then for all of those years???

Toyota must have attached the wrong body plate to ours as the build date was clearly stamped as 'Jun 2002' and it definitely had 6 cylinders in a V formation and was rated at 3.5 litres. It was the 1st of the 'new' and still essentially current body style.

And the conspiracy goes deeper than that as there were several of them sold from the same dealer at the same time as they used to get our regos mixed up as they were sequentially numbered. May be they were a batch of secret test mules onsold to get rid of them? And all this time we never knew!!!!!!! May be it was worth a lot more money than we gave it away for?

But then again, I suppose you'll argue that there was never a V6 TP Magna either. But I have seen one, factory fitted engine and it had plenty of siblings too.

Go figure.

9 hours ago, sarfan said:

Toyota must have attached the wrong body plate to ours as the build date was clearly stamped as 'Jun 2002' and it definitely had 6 cylinders in a V formation and was rated at 3.5 litres. It was the 1st of the 'new' and still essentially current body style.

Not going to argue with you on this, you know better what you've been driving and later traded in 🙂 All I'm saying is: in 2002 there was no 3.5 V6 Toyota engine in production. 2GR came out in 2004-2005 and in Australia from 2006 with the GSV40 Aurion.

But who knows, maybe few photos might be able to convince me.

Edited by AurionX2

On 9/26/2019 at 11:48 PM, sarfan said:

Well, bugger me. What were we driving then for all of those years???

And the conspiracy goes deeper than that as there were several of them sold from the same dealer at the same time as they used to get our regos mixed up as they were sequentially numbered. May be they were a batch of secret test mules onsold to get rid of them? And all this time we never knew!!!!!!! May be it was worth a lot more money than we gave it away for?

2002 was the last year of the XV20 and the first year of the XV36 (both came in 3.0L 1MZ form).  Being an Altise would make it an XV36.  I highly doubt Toyota were selling "test mules" in the first year of production of a new model for an engine that didn't get released for another 4 years in the _next_ series.  And the XV36 is a _long_ way from being the "essentially current" bodystyle

1000x more likely you've either you've mis-read the build date or the engine capacity (and the next likely option would be that a previous owner converted it to the 2GR but that raises a bunch of other questions).

Did it look like this?

1280px-2002-2004_Toyota_Camry_(ACV36R)_A

3 hours ago, Hiro said:

2002 was the last year of the XV20 and the first year of the XV36 (both came in 3.0L 1MZ form).  Being an Altise would make it an XV36.  I highly doubt Toyota were selling "test mules" in the first year of production of a new model for an engine that didn't get released for another 4 years in the _next_ series.  And the XV36 is a _long_ way from being the "essentially current" bodystyle

1000x more likely you've either you've mis-read the build date or the engine capacity (and the next likely option would be that a previous owner converted it to the 2GR but that raises a bunch of other questions).

Did it look like this?

1280px-2002-2004_Toyota_Camry_(ACV36R)_A

Like a dog with a bone, huh? You're just not going to give this up, are you? ;)

Yes, BUT without the VVTI badge as that is a 4 cylinder. 

And this is from the Toyota factory workshop manual, verbatim:

"1MZ-FE ENGINE

DESCRIPTION

The 1MZ-FE engine, which is a V6, 3.0-liter, 24-valve DOHC engine, based on the 1MZ-FE engine on the ’01 Camry. This engine has following features that have been newly adopted in order to realize the further improvement of the engine performance, fuel economy and to reduce exhaust emissions.

Model ’02 Camry

No. of Cyls. & Arrangement 6-Cylinder, V Type".

And look here - there's more than one of them! https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-toyota+camry+v6+2002/k0

Does that put it to rest for you, finally???????

Edited by sarfan

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, sarfan said:

Like a dog with a bone, huh? You're just not going to give this up, are you? 😉

Yes, BUT without the VVTI badge as that is a 4 cylinder. 

And this is from the Toyota factory workshop manual, verbatim:

"1MZ-FE ENGINE

DESCRIPTION

The 1MZ-FE engine, which is a V6, 3.0-liter, 24-valve DOHC engine, based on the 1MZ-FE engine on the ’01 Camry. This engine has following features that have been newly adopted in order to realize the further improvement of the engine performance, fuel economy and to reduce exhaust emissions.

Model ’02 Camry

No. of Cyls. & Arrangement 6-Cylinder, V Type".

And look here - there's more than one of them! https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-toyota+camry+v6+2002/k0

Does that put it to rest for you, finally???????

Considering you've just proven that what you initially posted was incorrect, yes it does put it to rest.