Wheel Alignment Problem in Toyota Aurion 2008

tofail

I just bought a toyota Aurion 2008 and I noticed that it has a problem with the wheel alignment. It tends to go left all the time. I went to JAX tyres Liverpool NSW and they charged me 50$ for wheel alignment and they mentioned that, they had customers with the same problem.

Is there anyone else with the same problem or someone who came up with a solution to this problem?

Hi, i have heard of it mentioned on here about similar issue's with pulling too the left, I also have had a full alignment and seems to fix the issue for a short time.

i am used too it now so hardly notice it, I am not sure if there are threads about the issue but may be worth you time looking too see if there is..If not I am sure others will comment if they know of a solution

KAA

15 hours ago, KAA said:

Hi, i have heard of it mentioned on here about similar issue's with pulling too the left, I also have had a full alignment and seems to fix the issue for a short time.

i am used too it now so hardly notice it, I am not sure if there are threads about the issue but may be worth you time looking too see if there is..If not I am sure others will comment if they know of a solution

KAA

Exactly the same here, verbatim 🙂 Not an annoyance anymore, got used to it. So far I've tried:

- Wheel alignment, fixed it for a couple of months

- Using 36psi tyre pressure

- Wheels rotation every 5-6k kms

Apart from the slightest pull to the left, no other related issues like uneven tyre wear.

Edit: Maybe this is what "Suspension tuned for Australian conditions" really means? :)

Edited by AurionX2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TheFoosh said:

Torque steer most likely.

Torque steer due to unequal-length driveshafts (the main cause) will usually be to the right (since the LH driveshaft is shorter so it gets more power), not to the left that Aurions suffer from.  Crowning of the road is going to play a much more significant part, as are the factory suspension settings (as @campbeam posted, also in these threads)

• Like 1