[Post Removed]

A very interesting development ... i wonder how they've managed to keep this 1zz @ 100KW but comply with the fuel emissions laws but yet they had to de-tune the corolla ..... <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

I think its also about time toyota stops d.i.c.k.i.n.g around and actually make a full and proper performance car <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

A very interesting development ... i wonder how they've managed to keep this 1zz @ 100KW but comply with the fuel emissions laws but yet they had to de-tune the corolla ..... <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

I think its also about time toyota stops d.i.c.k.i.n.g around and actually make a full and proper performance car <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

Can I hear you say "CALDINA"

Good question!!

A very interesting development ... i wonder how they've managed to keep this 1zz @ 100KW but comply with the fuel emissions laws but yet they had to de-tune the corolla ..... <_< <_< I think its also about time toyota stops d.i.c.k.i.n.g around and actually make a full and proper performance car <_< <_<

LOL .... ok Graham ill be a bit more specific ..... toyota AUSTRALIA has to stop d.i.c.k.i.n.g around and make available in AUSTRALIA a full and proper performance car :P :P :P :P :P :P

A very interesting development ... i wonder how they've managed to keep this 1zz @ 100KW but comply with the fuel emissions laws but yet they had to de-tune the corolla ..... <_< <_< I think its also about time toyota stops d.i.c.k.i.n.g around and actually make a full and proper performance car <_< <_<

LOL .... ok Graham ill be a bit more specific ..... toyota AUSTRALIA has to stop d.i.c.k.i.n.g around and make available in AUSTRALIA a full and proper performance car :P :P :P :P :P :P

OK get this

if they can get the 100kw 1ZZ into the yaris shouldnt they be able to drop in a stivo engine and a 6 speed? cant be that hard can it??

OK get this

if they can get the 100kw 1ZZ into the yaris shouldnt they be able to drop in a stivo engine and a 6 speed? cant be that hard can it??

it has already been done .... there were a few pics posted on here of an echo with a 2zz in it .... not a lot of room at all .... i think it just fit .... I havent had a look under the bonnet of the yaris so i dunno if its any smaller that an echo .... but ur logic sounds on par if they can fit a 1zz why not jam a 2zz in there ... LOL ....

exactly... otherwise someone on this forum will burn down Toyota... :lol:

blah,

The Yaris is such a girly, poorly designed car that i wouldnt buy one of these for $25k even if it had 600hp. As Bill said, Toyota Australia really need to stop trying to dominate the female market, the men could use a half decent Toyota performance car *cough* 4WD twin turbo V8...

Lame attempt to fill a niche market segment with this one Toyota - shame...

exactly... otherwise someone on this forum will burn down Toyota... :lol:

HAHAHAHA! :P

blah,

The Yaris is such a girly, poorly designed car that i wouldnt buy one of these for $25k even if it had 600hp. As Bill said, Toyota Australia really need to stop trying to dominate the female market, the men could use a half decent Toyota performance car *cough* 4WD twin turbo V8...

Have u seem the Jap version or TRD version in US, they look cool, only not in Aus!

blah,

I like your thinking! When you say 4WD twin turbo V8 I immediately think Audi RS4. Such a great all rounder. Pricey yes but having a car that can take you to work in comfort during the week, take grandma to church on a sunday as well as blowing off just about any type of Aussie or Jap performance car the night before....now thats special!

Perhaps toyota should plan a drivetrain like this for the Aurion or even the IS250.

Either way, sounds like its an exciting time for hot hatch buyers!

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article....vf=2&bg=24&pp=2

"Toyota is expected to have a pint-sized rival to the Volkswagen Polo GTi - a Yaris with a 1.8-litre engine from the Corolla.

The Yaris T Sport was unveiled at the Geneva motor show this month and Toyota Australia is trying to get the 100kW hatch here by the end of the year. It is expected to cost between $20,000 and $25,000."

I'll start with my gripe first, then get on with my thoughts.

Where does it say the Yaris is replacing the Sportivo? I must have missed that bit.... The article never mentions the Yaris being a replacement for the Corolla Sportivo, just that TMCA are trying to get the Corolla's 100kW engine into one.

Now onto my thoughts. If recent trends of basing most of our cars on Euro models, then my thought is go for it. I want to see the 3 door T-Sport here in Aus. I would definitley line up for one of them.

As for the GTi not being available, then my thoughts to VW are to open another factory and start more production. I noticed during my trip to the UK and Europe that GTi's are everywhere. They are a very popular car there. After seeing this, then I would then actually question if it is a supply problem from a manufacturing point of view or is it thet VW just do not want to send us enough cars..... ;)

What should we replace the Corolla Sportivo with??? Well, TMCA are hardly going to stop production of the Corolla as it has proven itself over and over again that it is a relatively reliable vehicle, value for money and popular. (How many times has it been at the top of the Small Car Sales listings....???)

TMCA have announced that they will be, well actually have now, ceased production of the Corolla Sportivo. So tuff bikkies for those that missed out, woohoo for those of us that got one.... With shadows of doubt over the long term future of the Celica (also a very popular vehicle in Europe) and the MR2, as Bill pointed out, TMC needs to hurry up and produce something if they want to retain sales.

With no direct geneaology planned for the Sportivo, we need to start looking at what are we going to buy next. Unless TMC hurry up, my next purchase will not be a Toyota. Supercharged Camry's and more powerful Yaris' might be on the cards, but they can not replace Toyota's share of the 'Hot Hatch' market. Ford has cemented it's intentions in this catagory with the new Focus (Saw one of these in the flesh in England and damn are they nice) and dare I say it, Hyundai look set to have a shot too (We may not like them, but they are actually reliable vehicles).

So where to from here? Maybe we need to provide TMC with some serious ideas as it seems that they are lacking some. Then again, maybe creating a 'Hot Hatch' with Leather and Climate Control cost them too much money for the incoming revenue recieved, and therefore decided to bail out of the market and concentrate on something else. Afterall, TMC's biggest market is Japan, with everyone there wanting weird looking people movers, not Hot Hatches.....

blah,

I like your thinking! When you say 4WD twin turbo V8 I immediately think Audi RS4. Such a great all rounder. Pricey yes but having a car that can take you to work in comfort during the week, take grandma to church on a sunday as well as blowing off just about any type of Aussie or Jap performance car the night before....now thats special!

Perhaps toyota should plan a drivetrain like this for the Aurion or even the IS250.

How about Audi RS6!!!!

Azza you won't fit in the seat of a Focus XR5. I only just fit albeit a ilttle uncomfortable and Northy misses out by a good couple of inches. :lol:

If Hyundai bring out the Accent that they had at the Brissy motorshow then I will certainly be swaying their way. One hell of a good looking car and in my opinion better than the Focus. ;)

Corzza.... RS6.... now we're talking about a real drivers car. :D

blah,

In the States they have a AWD IS350 & I have heard rumor that there might be an AWD IS430, watchout BMW

blah,

Don't know if I agree with you there ... a car with as much space as a Corolla, more equipment than a Corolla, 100kg lighter than a Corolla but with the same/more power, and to my eyes, better looking than a Corolla ... sounds like fun to me! B)

blah,

Don't know if I agree with you there ... a car with as much space as a Corolla, more equipment than a Corolla, 100kg lighter than a Corolla but with the same/more power, and to my eyes, better looking than a Corolla ... sounds like fun to me! B)

does the yaris have the same amount of space as a rolla ?????? :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

blah,

does the yaris have the same amount of space as a rolla ?????? :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

According to Toyota's specs, yeah ... its the same width as the Rolla, and what it loses in length it makes up for in height. The Yaris sedan goes further, with a much bigger boot and more rear legroom.

Boot space in the hatches is very similar ... Toyota quotes 271 litres for the Rolla vs 272 for the Yaris (Yaris volume is with the rear seat rolled all the way back).

As for the back seat, I can get in and out of the Yaris easier than I can in our wagon ... mind you, the new Focus, Civic, Astra and Viva are 4 Corolla competitors where I simply can't get in the back seat. That's based on the driver's seat in a possie suited to myself (6' tall, but long torso and a penchant for sitting closer to the wheel). I could do it in my old Festiva's, but not in most current small cars.

Edited by Buddha