Aurion Sway Bar

ItsNotACamry

Ok so, i recently got a 2011 Aurion Touring, and i'm bloody in love with it. The power is great, the smoothness of the gearbox, and the comfort that it offers. Buttttt there's a tad of an issue. I was driving with a few of my mates up a windy mountain road, and the speed limit was 80km/h, all of them in their almost weightless FWD Integra's, Civics and even Celica's were taking the corners which were fairly tight and bendy mind you, at around 80k's an hour. Me in the aurion was barely able to go around them at 70km/h which was the recommended speed around the corners so the signs say. 

Anyway thats the backstory to why im asking this question. The Ultra Racing 19mm Rear Sway Bar upgrade seems to be the recommended first upgrade for handling to any of the GSV40R chassis. and i was just wondering if anyones had experience with it and how it affected the other aspects of normal everyday driving VS when you want to have a little fun in the corners. Because while i would love the decrease in body roll that the bar offers, if it affects the rest of the car in everyday commutes and stuff i think id rather steer clear, but if theres no drawbacks then im all for it.

Cheers 

https://ultraracingaustralia.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=144&product_id=675

Go for it. The sway bar firms up the rear end and that makes cornering a lot better. I have also installed a front strut bar.

The next upgrade was Pedders Sportsryders springs. Now I have total confidence in corners.

IMG-20170507-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20170507-WA0005.jpg

20190517_103416.jpg

• Like 1

I have the ultra racing rear bar with low springs and kyb shocks, 245/45/19 wheel / tyre. The car sits very flat, mainly because of the roll bar. The bar by its self will not make suspension stiffer - bumpier... 

However, do find a clear space to test it a bit. Before the other suspension changes I found the car felt a bit like the rear might slide .. its just quite different.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:38 AM, ianjoseph said:

Go for it. The sway bar firms up the rear end and that makes cornering a lot better. I have also installed a front strut bar.

The next upgrade was Pedders Sportsryders springs. Now I have total confidence in corners.

IMG-20170507-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20170507-WA0005.jpg

20190517_103416.jpg

What sportsryders did you get, i was looking on their website and theres multiple choices and none really give any information on what the differences are