Transmission Failure

Joelle

Hi all

I have a 2007 Aurion Sportivo, and got it serviced, I specified the trans oil should be genuine WS fluid but looking at the receipt they used Fuchs T4. I rang them and they said it was Fuchs equivalent and will be fine. This was 13,000km ago.

Around 5000kms later a friend replaced the RF drive shaft to remedy a shudder, which it did. I got it back and went on holiday, and the CEL, VSC and traction control lights came on but it was driving fine so I figured I'd book it in when I got back.

Made it home last night, my partner went to go to the shop this morning, and it lost drive a few kms down the road. Selects the gears but act as though it's in neutral, even in reverse and tiptronic. When I went to put it in park it made a bit of a graunching noise. I am thinking the transmission input shaft and wonder the link between the 2 repairs mentioned above...

Edited by Joelle

More likely than a problem with the type of fluid is that they may not have filled it to the right level. I dont think a driveshaft could cause your problem- but - I have never replaced one on mine. I did rebuild transmissions for several years though.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 6:28 PM, matt36415 said:

More likely than a problem with the type of fluid is that they may not have filled it to the right level.

Agree with these thoughts. Not enough transmission fluid is going to cause problems. Exactly why I spent so much time learning how to get the fluid level correct for this sealed type transmission.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/10/2019 at 1:28 PM, Joelle said:

Hi all

I have a 2007 Aurion Sportivo, and got it serviced, I specified the trans oil should be genuine WS fluid but looking at the receipt they used Fuchs T4. I rang them and they said it was Fuchs equivalent and will be fine. This was 13,000km ago.

Around 5000kms later a friend replaced the RF drive shaft to remedy a shudder, which it did. I got it back and went on holiday, and the CEL, VSC and traction control lights came on but it was driving fine so I figured I'd book it in when I got back.

Made it home last night, my partner went to go to the shop this morning, and it lost drive a few kms down the road. Selects the gears but act as though it's in neutral, even in reverse and tiptronic. When I went to put it in park it made a bit of a graunching noise. I am thinking the transmission input shaft and wonder the link between the 2 repairs mentioned above...

I'm interested to see how you got on with this issue. I'm guessing it's been fixed by now.

Was it low fluid ?