European plates tripping front sensors

rebilda

Hi all,

My wife has had her C-HR Koba for a month or so, and is loving it so far.

She ordered some personalised, European number plates and I picked them up on Saturday and fitted them to the car.

The problem now is that when she went to drive the car this morning, the front sensors were constantly going off, as though she was about to hit something. They are picking up the ends of the euro plates. So, to get to work, she has disabled the parking sensors. Obviously this is not a viable, permanent solution. The dealership were immensely helpful (Not)

I've got to have a look when I get home, but thought I'd ask if anyone here has encountered this and can offer a suggestion

TIA.

Further to this issue.....

I have gotten around the immediate problem by removing the black plastic "platform", that the front plate mounts to.

Using a simple aluminium bracket (that I made up in a bit of a hurry), I have hard mounted the plate to the front bumper. This has pulled the plate close enough to the body of the car that the ends of the plate are no longer in the measuring field, of the front parking sensors.

I am now working on a more permanent solution to this issue, i.e. a number plate mounting bracket/ platform, that sits much closer to the body of the car and is aesthetically pleasing.

A note to anyone thinking of putting Euro plates on a C-HR.... Get the style with the smaller front plate

Unfortunately, my wife ordered these from the web site wit no knowledge of plate sizes or idea about parking sensors. All she was interested in was making the car look pretty, which is the way MyPlates NSW has set up their marketing for new plate styles. I have been in touch with MyPlates and enlightened them to the pitfalls of this system. Of course their solution was to order a different style of plate (at a cost of $400)