93' Celica shudder/vibrate on idle

cairnsfm

Howdy!

Wondering if anyone out there can give me a few pointers on '93 Celica issue I'm currently having. I only just got it a few weeks ago and it's already running a bit rough - am guessing the glue and sticky tape holding everything together to pass RWC maybe melted by now. 

Jokes aside - Car vibrates pretty hard on brake and makes kind of slight squeal sound sometimes when turning. Been through trying to diagnose problem and sort it through previous owner and mechanic who passed rwc and they agreed to fix it (problem is now worse, car shudders when idle and worse on brake). 

Timing belt is effed but my fear is that it could also be motor mounts. Engine seems loud but not sure if it's normal for this car. It's done 280k (bites lip). Cup holder won't close. 

I guess I'm looking for advice on this one - mostly about parts availability, fixability and known issues with this car. It's still an option for me to give it back but I want to make it work. 

My mechanic (good) says to return it and is angry about the dodgy rwc but kind of understands if I'm attached to it 😕 

Any advice on this one is appreciated 

Many thanks,

Jessie