Has anyone reset their ecu? Battery or Dealer flash?

JackdanielsNo7

Hi guys i have a 2014 Aurion with about 32,000 km on it. I have owned it for about a year now and only just had the 30k service done within the last 3 months with no issues found other than needing new tyres and a wheel alignment.

Although now the fuel consumption has been all over the place with my driving style being pretty much spot on light foot and has not changed much.

For example on a good week i could get around 400km at half tank and now i have only just hit 300km at half tank. 

I have noticed gear changes are inconsistant with the car searching and have rev ranges especially 0-60 are higher than when i bought the car, to the point where i barely have to touch the gas pedal anymore when accelerating otherwise fuel consumption goes up considerably more than it would usually.

Now to my question, will flashing the ecu and the car relearning my consersative driving style from scratch be of any use? 

And is it worth going to the dealership to get it reset instead of the battery method?

Other than the above loving my car so far.

Cheers for any advice thanks guys.

In your situation, I would be inclined to reset the ECU using the battery method mainly because I am DIY and not keen to poart with $$$ at a dealership.

Recently, I have had the battery disconnected more than 30 minutes, hence the ECU would have reset but did not know about the extra steps to reset the idling as per the following YouTube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKABYa-w0g8