Kluger KX-R air con blowing hot air

MartyG

I have a 2008 Kluger KX-R  7 seat. The air con is a split system. The front is separate to the rear. When I turn on the aircon it will be cool on the front drivers side but the front passenger side is warm. All of the rear when turned on is blowing warm air. Both the front and rear fans are fine and working. Can someone please tell me what the problem is?? I have done some research and a few have said its the evaporator which is behind the dash. So the whole complete dash has to be removed. Too much of a headache and expensive too.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi Marty, Not sure if you've fixed this yet but If you still have the car, measure the side that's working with a thermometer probe and see what air off temp you see. Just position it into you air vent.

It should be around 5ish degrees C. If you have this temperature, your A/C's refrigeration side is working fine. Not sure of the innermost workings of your Kluger, but I would say your issue typically sounds like a control valve is faulty or stuck inside the Air box which directs the cool / warm air OR your climate controller is faulty.

Could be as simple as that.