Jump to content

2009 Aurion Presara Bluetooth


Bigmike62
 Share

Recommended Posts

Could anyone on this forum tell me how to pair an Android phone to the cars head unit. I've tried, but can't work out how to do it. Maybe I'm a knucklehead. I dunno, but this head unit is wired. Just bought this car and everything is great except the pairing. Also I can't work out how to get a cd out of the CD area. Looks like there's already one in there from previous owner !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


You'll have to navigate the stupid menu system from one of the buttons of the left hand side. I think the easiest way is if you went to Telephone.

In terms of the CD ejecting, pretty sure there's a button for eject too? The CD will come out of the head unit.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, thanks for your assistance. I managed to figure out the disc eject issue. There wasn't one still in there. Pairing the phone is tricky. It seems to not pair automatically like it's supposed to. I did pair my android phone, but after turning car off it didn't re pair again? Looks like Im going to.have to manually pair it every time. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had issues with the standard head-unit with pairing and outdated Navigation disc so ended up replacing the unit with a far more modern and reliable one, i found that trying to live with the issues were not worth it I hope you get whatever is the issue is sorted soon if not think about updating the whole unit

KAA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Michael, yes i checked a few sources for updated disc's etc for my head unit saw all way too costly to spend that sort of money  so in the end thought stuff it and bought a new Clarion unit...yes did like the look of the original unit so kept it boxed up so if i ever sell the car i have it ..not that i foresee it ever being sold as we love to drive it..still feels brand new and I kept it very well serviced and clean..hope you at least find something you can live with as far as music maps etc

KAA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2020 at 6:54 PM, Bigmike62 said:

Ok, thanks for your assistance. I managed to figure out the disc eject issue. There wasn't one still in there. Pairing the phone is tricky. It seems to not pair automatically like it's supposed to. I did pair my android phone, but after turning car off it didn't re pair again? Looks like Im going to.have to manually pair it every time. 

 

Mine pairs automatically every time I start the car. It definitely should do that.

On 2/22/2020 at 8:54 PM, KAA said:

Had issues with the standard head-unit with pairing and outdated Navigation disc so ended up replacing the unit with a far more modern and reliable one, i found that trying to live with the issues were not worth it I hope you get whatever is the issue is sorted soon if not think about updating the whole unit

KAA

What unit did you go with? I'm wanting to change mine too. Someone rear ended me the other week and I had a hire car replacement while it was getting repaired, and I swear the newer units with their bluetooth audio capabilities just made it so much clearer how inferior the stock head unit was. Although truth be told, the head unit was always the biggest disappointment for me when I bought the Presara new back in 2010. For the price you had to pay for the model, the head unit was ***** poor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Mike, I ended up going to Monster Audio and got a Clarion VX506AU head unit, I had them install as well as they also had the proper surround that made it fit perfectly in the space of the old head unit, I am sure now-days there are an even better selection of units out there as I had this done about 6 years ago..it had the ability to have all steering wheel controls working as well the bluetooth is wonderful, i prefer to use a usb stick for all my audio as when they fitted it they installed 2 cables into the glovebox so i use one for the flashdrive, that way i can add or remove songs..so maybe go into a few audio stores or online and see what is out there, I agree i was disappointed with the original unit considering how awesome the car is..Hope you get it sorted soon and enjoy

KAA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, KAA said:

Hi Mike, I ended up going to Monster Audio and got a Clarion VX506AU head unit, I had them install as well as they also had the proper surround that made it fit perfectly in the space of the old head unit, I am sure now-days there are an even better selection of units out there as I had this done about 6 years ago..it had the ability to have all steering wheel controls working as well the bluetooth is wonderful, i prefer to use a usb stick for all my audio as when they fitted it they installed 2 cables into the glovebox so i use one for the flashdrive, that way i can add or remove songs..so maybe go into a few audio stores or online and see what is out there, I agree i was disappointed with the original unit considering how awesome the car is..Hope you get it sorted soon and enjoy

KAA

Thanks mate! That's great info. Clarion units aren't cheap, so that must've cost a pretty penny! Just one more question: did your head unit have input for the reverse camera or did you have to replace that or just went without it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Mike YW Mate.. yes all features of the Presara are covered Reverse camera, steering wheel controls etc..yes wasn't cheap but as the car was wonderful already well worth the cost in the end..

KAA

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys, thanks for all the information. I'll stick with the standard hesd unit in this Presara. I somehow managed to get my android phone automatically to re pair !!

No idea how It happened. But yeah, phone calls are coming through now. I'll change the head unit later maybe. Cheers everyone.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 4:35 AM, Bigmike62 said:

Apparently Tomtom do an updated maps disc. It's bloody $400 though. I'm going to keep the the head unit for now. It suits the rest of dash.  

Forget Tom Tom mate.. Out of date technology and they still want you to pay for it lol..

I stopped using my Tom Tom years ago. I still keep it with me as a back up in case the phone dies.

Google Maps is the best and it's free !

I can't offer any info on the pairing I'm sorry as I don't remember. I did ages ago to pair my wife's phone as she daily drives it.

As for the stock head unit. They are rubbish. Mine had a CD stuck in it (had to remove the head unit and open the CD player up  to retrieve it. Painful)..

The touch screen is crap. My "source" tab stopped working no matter how I touch it. AArrgggg !!

I'm thinking to get another stock one to replace it, but I can find better ways to spend $200.

It's stuck on FM so that's ok. My young fella and his mum like WS FM so I'll leave it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Toyota Owners Club AU © 2020 | This Website has no association with Toyota (AU) or Toyota Motor Corporation. | Cookies | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership