Costs of painting of accessories (Sydney)

Cheers for all the research nek.

$50 to get the mudflaps painted... tempting!!

any idea wat colour coded ones would cost from Toyota? :blink:

no worries mate.

Personally i think Toyota would rip you off (i remember when i called them about wheel nuts, they wanted $9.50 each.... the Bridgestone Tyre centre down the road said $2.50 each :blink: )

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey prices are quite cheap!

hahaha my mechanic/painter/tuner/everything to do with cars

painted 2 mudflaps and the grille for 90 bux for me

and i thought it was damn cheap! but your prices are cheaper!

I also brought my mate along to get a quote to get his rear bumper painted (Silver accord euro), it will cost $240 to get the whole thing done (there are scratches everywhere - he blames his wife :lol: ), so just something to keep in mind if your rear bumper is all fcked up by scratches :P

I should tell my mum... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Some more info.

Full car respray - Starting from $4000+ for normal colours, starting from $5000+ for metallic/pearlescant.

(Pending condition of car)

does this guy have a booth ? and how is his preparation work?

Full car - include engine bay?

Some more info.

Full car respray - Starting from $4000+ for normal colours, starting from $5000+ for metallic/pearlescant.

(Pending condition of car)

does this guy have a booth ? and how is his preparation work?

Full car - include engine bay?

yup he's got his own booth.

I've never had an issue with his work, but if you wanna know more its probably best you go check it out yourself.

I believe it does includes engine bay in that pricing.

F*@#K 300+.. thats crazy.

Would it be posible to just paint it using the touch up paint the dealer gave me?

There aint enough touch up paint to do it, and it wont be smooth either (unless you're a professional at it :P)

• 4 months later...

Anyone know a good quality, well priced worker (for colour coding 2 rear mudflaps) closer to the city / north shore of sydney? (moorebank is quite a looooong drive and it would mean going there twice ... i would prefer to pay a bit more and go down the road :)

• 2 weeks later...

Took my car back to Dsports today to realign my front bar, he fixed it all up so its nice again at no cost.

Anyways, i was having a chat to him about rims, and ive found out that he also fixes rims that have gutter rash or sratched in some way or form.

Approximate price is $80 (starting) per rim, however depending on the severity of it, costs can increase (he would need to look at the rim to give you a price).

Thought i would share this with everyone here cos i notice there were a few "Wheel repair group fixes" that eventuated no where.

Anyone know a good quality, well priced worker (for colour coding 2 rear mudflaps) closer to the city / north shore of sydney? (moorebank is quite a looooong drive and it would mean going there twice ... i would prefer to pay a bit more and go down the road :)

I did my paint job close to my home. It was ***** job. :angry::angry::angry: Even that is far away, but every member looks love their job. I suggests you get there mate. Even you pay for top price, no mean that guy can do the top job like they did. I am so angry myself didn't get there in the first place. Maybe bring my car next year ask them repaint. <_<

hey nek.. does he spray rims ???

or does ne one know of a good place in sydney that spray rims ??

ummm dunno, i guess if he can fix em he can spray em (he is a panel beater).

Give him a call, leave a message and he'll call you back on the same day.

(He rarely picks up the phone, cos he's actually working, and not sitting on his as$ :P)

Edited by neK

• 1 month later...

hey guys, jus had my eyelids and grille painted at dsports, and i must say their great! paint matches perfectly and service was good, but best of all it was real cheap!!

the guy (forgot his name) quoted $30 for eyelids and $25 for the grille. went to pick them up 2day and he charged me $45!!! bargin!! highly recommended. :P

hey guys, jus had my eyelids and grille painted at dsports, and i must say their great! paint matches perfectly and service was good, but best of all it was real cheap!!

the guy (forgot his name) quoted $30 for eyelids and $25 for the grille. went to pick them up 2day and he charged me $45!!! bargin!! highly recommended. :P

wow not that's what i call a bargain.

The guys name is Dave, he's alright eh.

Did he install the eyelids and grill for you as well? He did mine for free ages ago :D

Its hard to find good price and good service, thats why i still go back to him.

• 3 weeks later...