Jump to content


Automatic Transmission Fluid Capacity?


20ten
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi theres,

Apparently the 2010 Toyota camry doesnt have a dip stick for the Automatic Transmission Fluid.

So, I Would like to know if anyone knows how much Litres it takes ?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im not sure.

I just assumed it was normal transmission... however after more research i think it is like in the below youtube video

can anyone confirm?

if so, does anyone know where to buy the vacuum pumps the guy uses in the video and how much it would cost in NSW?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the transmission pan. If it is similar to the Aurion, then you will need a 6mm allen key to undo the drain plug. Then you then use the same 6mm allen key to remove the plastic fluid level tube.  There is a refill plug on the side of the transmission. It is 24mm. You will then need a funnel and length of 10mm plastic tubing to refill. 

Highly recommend that you do a lot of research before attempting to change the ATF. There are a few detailed posts in the Aurion Forum about this topic. Good tip is to undo the refill plug first.

Last time, a few weeks ago, I changed the ATF and measured the amount of ATF that came out using a couple of clear plastic bottles. Used another clear plastic bottle as the refill measure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

thanks for the tips Ashley

just to confirm so is the refill plug accessible by the (on top) engine bay area... rather than refilling with pump from underneath the engine like in the video?

also what do you mean by "10mm plastic tubing to refill." - do you mean something like this?

 

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/blackridge-rx-plastics-air-hose---10mm-per-metre/329868.html

Edited by 20ten
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, campbeam said:

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the transmission pan. If it is similar to the Aurion, then you will need a 6mm allen key to undo the drain plug. Then you then use the same 6mm allen key to remove the plastic fluid level tube.  There is a refill plug on the side of the transmission. It is 24mm. You will then need a funnel and length of 10mm plastic tubing to refill. 

Highly recommend that you do a lot of research before attempting to change the ATF. There are a few detailed posts in the Aurion Forum about this topic. Good tip is to undo the refill plug first.

Last time, a few weeks ago, I changed the ATF and measured the amount of ATF that came out using a couple of clear plastic bottles. Used another clear plastic bottle as the refill measure.

 

 

thanks for the tips Ashley

just to confirm so is the refill plug accessible by the (on top) engine bay area... rather than refilling with pump from underneath the engine like in the video?

also what do you mean by "10mm plastic tubing to refill." -

do you mean something like this one

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-funnel-3-in-1-flexible-spout/291162.html

or this

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-funnel-round-flexible/291159.html

 

also could you link me the detailed post about changing ATF, i done a search but couldnt find it

Edited by 20ten
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You put a funnel into the plastic tubing.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=10mm clear plastic hose 

Have a good read of this thread. 

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/56280-transmission-u660e/?tab=comments#comment-570320

Following are my attachments about servicing the Toyota 6 speed auto transmission fitted to the Aurion.

How to to service the Toyota 6 speed Transmission.doc

U660E AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE FLUID ADJUSTMENT.doc 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Thanks Ashley

17 hours ago, campbeam said:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 7:09 PM, campbeam said:

Hi Ashley

I was reading the attachments and saw it says

 

"(1) Using SST, connect terminals 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3 with the ignition switch off."

Just wondering, if you have a picture of how to perform this step? ... I think its suppose to be connected with a paper clip

 

Thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2020 at 11:40 AM, AurionX2 said:

There are heaps of other, much better documented articles on how to service the U660E POS, my favourite one is by far the TN topic here:

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/diy-2007-2011-v6-and-2010-2011-i4-camry-6-speed-auto-transmission-flush-with-pics.576361/

It is from this thread:

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/54840-transmission-fluid-lv-4l-36/page/6/#comments

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, campbeam said:

Thanks, i just finished reading that thread

Would you know how i would go about finding the transmission model for my 2010 camry?

I typed in my vehicle details in super cheap auto website and sparesbox website and 

sparesbox is saying my transmission is U250E or U150E

super cheap auto says its U250E or U660E

.. im trying to find the right transmission filter kit

Edited by 20ten
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, campbeam said:

U660E transmission is the 6 speed transmission used in the V6 Aurions.

Have a look for the vehicle identification plates in the door openings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_U_transmission#U250E

Thanks ashley

my transmission is the U250E.

On the supecheap auto website, one of them says " Toyota U250E Trans" - just wondering when they say "Toyota" is that OEM? and better than the RYCO? ( even though its cheaper than the RYCO?)

toyota transgold.PNG

Edited by 20ten
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20ten, u250e should have a dipstick, from memory you'll find it on the passenger side in the engine bay and you should be able to refill through the dipstick hole using a funnel if it's the same as the 4 speed version.

And that 33.99aud filter kit isn't Toyota OEM. Don't bother with it, for the filter and gasket I'd go with Toyota, try to get a quote from your nearest dealer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, AurionX2 said:

20ten, u250e should have a dipstick, from memory you'll find it on the passenger side in the engine bay and you should be able to refill through the dipstick hole using a funnel if it's the same as the 4 speed version.

And that 33.99aud filter kit isn't Toyota OEM. Don't bother with it, for the filter and gasket I'd go with Toyota, try to get a quote from your nearest dealer.

Thanks heaps for pointing that out. Adrian... i just assumed the 4 speed transmission didn't have a dipstick aswell

is this the ATF dipstick? the one beside the battery

would you know where the drain plug is for the ATF on the U250E transmission?

 

 

U250e dipstick.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I consulted my manual

And wondering if it is essential to replace the transmission filter and gasket?

In the manual it just says replace ATF, unlike the engine which says replace engine oil and engine oil filter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, 20ten said:

wondering if it is essential to replace the transmission filter and gasket?

In the manual it just says replace ATF

I will suggest to follow the manual and just replace the ATF.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2020 at 10:55 AM, 20ten said:

So I consulted my manual

And wondering if it is essential to replace the transmission filter and gasket?

In the manual it just says replace ATF, unlike the engine which says replace engine oil and engine oil filter?

If you feel like dropping the pan you should probably replace the filter, the gasket is a must. If not, just several drain and fills should be ok for your piece of mind. Some service is certainly better than no service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2020 at 4:43 AM, campbeam said:

I will suggest to follow the manual and just replace the ATF.  

 

On 4/19/2020 at 9:54 PM, AurionX2 said:

If you feel like dropping the pan you should probably replace the filter, the gasket is a must. If not, just several drain and fills should be ok for your piece of mind. Some service is certainly better than no service.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 11:37 AM, 20ten said:

Im not sure.

I just assumed it was normal transmission... however after more research i think it is like in the below youtube video

can anyone confirm?

if so, does anyone know where to buy the vacuum pumps the guy uses in the video and how much it would cost in NSW?

 

 

 

Forget about the vacuum pump. That is specialised equipment and is very expensive. Good if you own a shop and do hundreds of these, but for the weekend warrior it's extreme overkill.

There is a simpler method I'm sure you've already found it.

That reminds me. I have to do my tranny service too.

Edited by Tony Prodigy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Toyota Owners Club AU © 2020 | This Website has no association with Toyota (AU) or Toyota Motor Corporation. | Cookies | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership