2004 Crown

jboc2

Hi there, just purchased my 2004 Toyota Crown Majesta 2 weeks ago and loving it so far.

Intend to keep it looking luxurious and have that VIP style that goes so well with these.

b747de6dc261d9b2ad94483d4c28b281.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Looks to be in great condition. Which generation and size engine does it have? 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Crown_Majesta 
There is a Member's Ride section where you can post so much information and photos about your vehicle. 

It’s the S180 generation with the 4.3L 3UZ-FE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Gew said:

Congrats on your new car! emoji108.png
I really wish the Crown came to Europe.
It's such a nice looking car.

What are the regulations in your part of the world for grey imports?  They weren't sold in Australia either, they have to be imported used from Japan.

1 hour ago, jboc2 said:

It’s the S180 generation with the 4.3L 3UZ-FE

Very nice. It must be an absolute delight to drive on the open highway. Maybe a pleasure for later when the Staying at Home restrictions are lifted. 

• Like 1

Wow. I'm not up to speed on most Japan based cars, but when I saw the word 'Crown' I had to have a closer look. I've always admired the Crown models here in Australia. Such a shame we don't have them anymore. True luxury and a V8 too, wow. That must be so nice to drive. Congratulations !

Here's a bit of info I found about the 2004 from Wiki.

The fourth generation Crown Majesta received a complete redesign when it was introduced on July 6, 2004. In August 2006, the Celsior was no longer offered in Japan, due to the introduction of the Lexus brand there. The Crown Majesta replaced the Celsior, despite objections from Japanese customers. It introduced the first Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) integrated vehicle handling and software control system and radar adaptive cruise control with low-speed tracking function. The engine was upgraded to the 3UZ-FE V8, shared with the USA-spec LS. The transmission was upgraded to a 6-speed automatic, the all-wheel-drive system was improved, and the air suspension was introduced. Intelligent adaptive front lighting and rear curtain airbags were added to improve safety. Enhancements were made to the interior of the vehicle, including a rear-view camera and parking assistance technology. A supercharger option was also offered with a 6-speed transmission, allowing the engine to produce 253 kW (339 hp; 344 PS). Prices were around US$69,400 for the Crown Majesta AWD.

In July 2004, the Crown Majesta introduced both a lane keeping assist and a radar pre-collision system with a single camera to improve the accuracy of collision forecast and warning and control levels.

1024px-2006_Toyota_Crown-Majesta_01.jpg

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, boleh said:

I read that these S180 majestas are equipped with air suspension that's very costly to replace.

You're probably right. There could be people who can recondition them or simply replace the air ride stuff with traditional struts.

• Like 1