Camry Sports Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters Late 2015 Altise

Aussie Camry

Hi Guys,

I recently found out I could add sports paddle shifters in my late 2015 Camry atise the plug is there and all the wiring from factory so I brought another wheel from a atara RZ swapped the controls as I was also after the voice command button which now works but the paddle shifters are not working even thou some people have there's working somehow. Would I need to take it to a Toyota dealership to enable the use of the paddle shifters ? I have called a few but as usual with dealerships they want you to book the car in. 

I doubt that any dealership would be involved in your modification. You possibly would pay for a service advisor to say to you "we don't do that modification"  Have you searched through all the postings to find the same modification ? You mention you know of others having done this have you questioned them ?

3 hours ago, TIDYWAZZA said:

I doubt that any dealership would be involved in your modification. You possibly would pay for a service advisor to say to you "we don't do that modification"  Have you searched through all the postings to find the same modification ? You mention you know of others having done this have you questioned them ?

It has been done I googled searched before I went ahead one mentioned there dealership added the software for it but not mentioned how much they paid.

I have spotted this... I know you don't need the references to swapping out the steering wheel but there is relevant information regarding your issue in here.

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/i-added-paddle-shifters-to-my-2015-toyota-camry-xle-v6-and-it-worked-heres-a-guide-on-how-to-do-it.1664644/

As described in this above post, have you tried to change gears via the new paddles with the shift lever in sport mode ?

2 hours ago, TIDYWAZZA said:

I have spotted this... I know you don't need the references to swapping out the steering wheel but there is relevant information regarding your issue in here.

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/i-added-paddle-shifters-to-my-2015-toyota-camry-xle-v6-and-it-worked-heres-a-guide-on-how-to-do-it.1664644/

As described in this above post, have you tried to change gears via the new paddles with the shift lever in sport mode ?

Yes I put it into sport mode the shifter don't work have also tried the other method still nothing it's clearly a software issue were it might need to be enabled to work on some cars. I am woundering if the transmission module needs to be swapped out from the same car which was an RZ. Toyota used the same transmission on all camry's that's what I am being told by a Dealership technician he also thinks it must be to do with the software or replacing the trans module.

Edited by Aussie Camry