Cabin Filter

I received my new Ryco cabin filter. I figured I'd get the better one as it's only a few bucks more.

Mines still got the original one. Just been cleaning it and thought it was time to replace it, even if it looks cleanish..

I think this one is far more superior than the original anyway.

Ryco Microshield guys, if you're interested.

20200406_123109.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like you are upping the protection for the family in these "interesting" times.

For those that are interested in buying this cabin filter

- Pre-filter with anti-bacterial agent for protection against mould and diseases
- Activated carbon barrier to neutralise pollution and odours
- Electrostatically charged filter media that filters out dust, pollutants & dirt down to 2.5 microns
- Lasting cabin filtration

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ryco-Cabin-Air-Pollen-Filter-Microshield-RCA164MS-fits-Toyota-Aurion-3-5-GSV/152735961601?hash=item238fc5d201:g:DxAAAOSw3z5Z204A

• Like 1

Have replaced mine 3 times now since having our car, 1: Because I wasn't sure when it had been replaced when we got the car..2: Because we were doing a lot of dirt road driving on a holiday and it was brown even after a clean 3: Because of the bushfires around our area and the ash we had all over the house and streets and doing volunteer deliveries to isolated areas around us..this is the only one i will use as it is only a few dollars more than the basic and seems to last so well, and is easy to clean & easy to fit, and with all the extra built in features it is worth every cent. And as you said  Ashley it ups the protection level for our loved ones as well.

I hope all will Stay Safe and Stay Well

KAA 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, campbeam said:

Looks like you are upping the protection for the family in these "interesting" times.

For those that are interested in buying this cabin filter

- Pre-filter with anti-bacterial agent for protection against mould and diseases
- Activated carbon barrier to neutralise pollution and odours
- Electrostatically charged filter media that filters out dust, pollutants & dirt down to 2.5 microns
- Lasting cabin filtration

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ryco-Cabin-Air-Pollen-Filter-Microshield-RCA164MS-fits-Toyota-Aurion-3-5-GSV/152735961601?hash=item238fc5d201:g:DxAAAOSw3z5Z204A

Your 100% spot on Ash.

That's exactly where I purchased it from too 😁

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I do mine every 15K kms min, if it looks dodgy after 7.5K kms I'll change it. Ryco's filter above is excellent, would say better than OEM. Got recently for about $22 ea from Sapresbox so I got a whole stash of them 😉

17 minutes ago, ZZT86 said:

I do mine every 15K kms min, if it looks dodgy after 7.5K kms I'll change it. Ryco's filter above is excellent, would say better than OEM. Got recently for about $22 ea from Sapresbox so I got a whole stash of them 😉

I haven't checked mine since installing it June last year. I agree that the Ryco product is far superior to the OEM type. I dare say you got lucky when you got yours because sparesbox has taken the listing down since. I suspect someone there listed them with the wrong price. I don't see one less than $28 plus shipping.

I would've bought three at $22.

^^ Was Boxing Day sales - 25% off the filters. I got 3 more of those, 3 engine Air filters & a tranny filter for when I decide to drop the pan. Got to save the coin boyo ;) I mean why pay more ?

Just waiting for Repco to do another rippa deal on Penrite LV & maybe even some Penrite 0W20 for Hachi even though I've been wanting to sell here for years, it's still in my garage collecting dust :|

It's always good to stock up when the going is good I say. Remember those 50 series fuel filter assemblies I purchased recently, The price has jumped from $50 each to $75 each now. Everything is getting ridiculously expensive, so when you see a good deal, grab it.