What maintenance over this Easter period?

campbeam

2 hours ago, Novicebutnice said:

At Supercheap Menai.. just saying 😎

20210403_101546.jpg

Your post reminded me that I do not really need any more detailing products at the moment except possibly some more microfibre cloths which I did have on my eBay watchlist.

Currently in a self-imposed financial lockdown waiting for EOFY but relented and took up the 30% discount for SuperCheap Auto Club members. 

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-microfibre-cloths-25-pack/356514.html 

I did do the oil and filter change on the girlfriend's Yaris yesterday afternoon. Now gone into hibernation mode waiting for the rain showers to clear. Tomorrow is looking more like grass mowing mode in the morning. 

Happy Safe Easter all, Well Ash and Tony I also did some home maintenance stuff, just put up a sail over the BBQ area, and got the pump flowing in the pond on Friday, today was a taking the time giving the leather in the Presara a nice slow clean and treatment, took all of 1 bottle of a nice white chardonnay to do it as it was really enjoyable. tomorrow is like a few of you a family belated Christmas/ Easter get together at a brothers house, looking forward to it as no contact for over a year so will be great to see all in one place.

Have a safe time all and enjoy we all have earned it big time.

Hugs from myself and my Lady to all

KAA

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Novicebutnice said:

At Supercheap Menai.. just saying 😎

20210403_101546.jpg

I checked online at it's showing the $69.99 for the spray version. Aren't SCA supposed to have the same prices everywhere ??

I wasn't expecting it to be that much. Sheesh, how they put us over a barrel in this place. I might wait for it to appear on Amazon prime and then buy it. I won't be paying $70 for it. 

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/turtle-wax-turtle-wax-hybrid-solutions-pro-flex-wax---680ml/612190.html

Edited by Tony Prodigy

17 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I checked online at it's showing the $69.99 for the spray version. Aren't SCA supposed to have the same prices everywhere ??

Price labels are below not above and there is no label for the Turtle Wax Grahene range.

Got caught out many years ago and I remember because of the attitude of that particular "runt" repeating himself to make out that I was an idiot for getting the price wrong for that tool set item.

Won't say what my younger self felt like doing [not worth the trouble] but left the store in disgust without that item. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, campbeam said:

Price labels are below not above and there is no label for the Turtle Wax Grahene range.

Oh yeah.. I see now. I think it will be better to just wait. They always come in at ridiculously high prices in the initial release then slowly wind them down. I'm happy to wait. There may come a special some time soon too.

Edited by Tony Prodigy

52 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Oh yeah.. I see now. I think it will be better to just wait. They always come in at ridiculously high prices in the initial release then slowly wind them down. I'm happy to wait. There may come a special some time soon too.

SuperCheap Auto had a one day only sale yesterday for Club members; 30% discount off regular price storewide. $70 would have been $49. This could be the regular price by Fathers Day or Xmas 🤑 so waiting could be saving. 

• Like 1

Girlfriend mentioned about the steering being heavier so we checked the tyre pressures. Surprisingly down to 30 psi after driving home from the Sunday markets. Inflated tyres up to 40 psi knowing that this will come down to 36 psi when tyres are cold. 

Looks like tyres were last checked 2 months ago so making a mental reminder to do it at the end of each month. Also time to check my Aurion's tyre pressures very soon. 

On 4/4/2021 at 10:55 AM, campbeam said:

SuperCheap Auto had a one day only sale yesterday for Club members; 30% discount off regular price storewide. $70 would have been $49. This could be the regular price by Fathers Day or Xmas 🤑 so waiting could be saving. 

I resisted this one Ash. Had "other" expenditure to take care of first. 

7 hours ago, campbeam said:

Girlfriend mentioned about the steering being heavier so we checked the tyre pressures. Surprisingly down to 30 psi after driving home from the Sunday markets. Inflated tyres up to 40 psi knowing that this will come down to 36 psi when tyres are cold. 

Looks like tyres were last checked 2 months ago so making a mental reminder to do it at the end of each month. Also time to check my Aurion's tyre pressures very soon. 

This is also something I'm bad at. Although in saying that, the last time I checked our Aurion, the tyre pressures were close to spot on and I hadn't checked them for months. My Colorado were low, because I noticed some tyre squeal going through a roundabout and it was frustrating me. They were all down to sub 30 PSI, no wonder. After correct tyre inflation my confidence in the corners increased dramatically :biggrin: 

• 1 year later...

Happy Easter 2022

Just noticed a headline about double demerit points and hefty fines.

Not applicable to myself because I am staying home.

Unfortunately, my Aurion is misfiring on cylinder 1, so I will be busy replacing the spark plugs to get that "Oh what a feeling" back again.

Looks like the set of plugs bought on eBay and fitted in November 2018 have proven to be non-genuine.

Only lasted 3.5 years and 35K kms whereas genuine ones have a lifespan of up to 192K kms or 10 years.