Fuel question for 2010 toyota camry

20ten

Hi theres,

I have a 2010 Camry Altise

I usually fill with 91 unleaded but now realised that costco e10 is alot cheaper compared to buying 91.

So the question is i have about half a tank of 91, if i start filling it up with e10, is it ok when the e10 and 91 mixes? 

Thanks

Your vehicle is E10 compliant so essentially all should be fine.

However, my past very limited experience with E10 fuel is to expect the fuel economy to be worse. Another issue is how quickly you will be using that particular refill of E10 and water absoption.

Personally, I stick with 91 unleaded but will buy an occasional tankful of E10 with 94octane when driving interstate.

https://www.festanks.com.au/blog/storage-ethanol-fuel-pros-and-cons/.

Same reply as Ashley put up..it is suitable for E10 fuel and I have used it a few times when fuel prices were massive...I also noticed when using E10 the fuel consumption is higher than E91..I decided a long time ago to pay the few extra cents per litre to use only E91 or E95 if going on a long haul trip you certainly notice the power difference and economy difference using the higher quality fuels..However if money is an issue as it is right now with so many out of work..E10 is perfectly fine to use

KAA

Fuel prices in Brisbane have gone down some more so that 91 unleaded is now around $1 at some stations.

Big change from when we were being price gouged @ $1.55+ and Sydney pricing was much cheaper.

I use the Compare the Market Fuel website and spotted a nearby Independent has Premium 95 Unleaded less than $1

Going to refuel with either 91 or 95 unleaded this morning as the car's fuel tank is below half. 

18 hours ago, campbeam said:

Your vehicle is E10 compliant so essentially all should be fine.

However, my past very limited experience with E10 fuel is to expect the fuel economy to be worse. Another issue is how quickly you will be using that particular refill of E10 and water absoption.

Personally, I stick with 91 unleaded but will buy an occasional tankful of E10 with 94octane when driving interstate.

https://www.festanks.com.au/blog/storage-ethanol-fuel-pros-and-cons/.

oh right thanks

16 hours ago, KAA said:

Same reply as Ashley put up..it is suitable for E10 fuel and I have used it a few times when fuel prices were massive...I also noticed when using E10 the fuel consumption is higher than E91..I decided a long time ago to pay the few extra cents per litre to use only E91 or E95 if going on a long haul trip you certainly notice the power difference and economy difference using the higher quality fuels..However if money is an issue as it is right now with so many out of work..E10 is perfectly fine to use

KAA

oh right thanks

3 hours ago, campbeam said:

Fuel prices in Brisbane have gone down some more so that 91 unleaded is now around $1 at some stations.

Big change from when we were being price gouged @ $1.55+ and Sydney pricing was much cheaper.

I use the Compare the Market Fuel website and spotted a nearby Independent has Premium 95 Unleaded less than $1

Going to refuel with either 91 or 95 unleaded this morning as the car's fuel tank is below half. 

oh right thanks