Kluger grande 2012 aftermarket audio unit replacement

Jase89

Hi, 

I need some help from the kluger gurus out there. I got kluger grande 2011 model which unfortunately got the non USB big screen very outdated audio unit. I am planning to put a double din on it. I have already bought a facia from wreckers and a second hand unit as shown on photos. I have taken some of the photos of the back of the kluger grande audio unit plugs at the back. 

Only plugs that connects are the usual power and speakers plug but the rest are different plugs. 

My question is which harness do I need to make the reverse camera and steering wheel control work? Any ideas would be very much appreciated. I am planning to upgrade it to have carplay, USB connect and just modernise the damn thing. 

Thanks for advance. 

Jason 

DSC_0106.JPG

Edited by Jase89
Misspelt

• 1 year later...

Hey mate, how did you go with this? Did you buy all the extra bits that the grande needs to make it work, such as the hazard light facia etc? what kind of unit for what year model did you get from the wreckers and how much? our sat nav dvd is stuck so its either repair or go aftermarket which is expensive for the grande..

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2021 at 7:36 AM, Martin K said:

Hey mate, how did you go with this? Did you buy all the extra bits that the grande needs to make it work, such as the hazard light facia etc? what kind of unit for what year model did you get from the wreckers and how much? our sat nav dvd is stuck so its either repair or go aftermarket which is expensive for the grande..

Sorry mate for the late reply we Didn’t end doing anything, as had no reply so we left it as is and eventually got rid of the car all together. 

• 1 year later...

On 5/14/2021 at 7:36 AM, Martin K said:

I'm close to pulling the trigger from this website. 

https://www.teyes.com.au/products/teyes-cc3-for-toyota-highlander-2-xu40-2007-2013-car-radio-multimedia-video-player-navigation-stereo-no-2din-2-din-dvd?_pos=3&_psq=Toyota Kluger&_ss=e&_v=1.0

I have the same vintage and trim as your Kluger and I've been wanting to replace the HU for years, I think I've found the right one. Probably will do it before the new year.

• 5 months later...
On 8/12/2022 at 8:59 PM, Speedz said:

I'm close to pulling the trigger from this website. 

https://www.teyes.com.au/products/teyes-cc3-for-toyota-highlander-2-xu40-2007-2013-car-radio-multimedia-video-player-navigation-stereo-no-2din-2-din-dvd?_pos=3&_psq=Toyota Kluger&_ss=e&_v=1.0

I have the same vintage and trim as your Kluger and I've been wanting to replace the HU for years, I think I've found the right one. Probably will do it before the new year.

Did you install this? How difficult was it?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 7:50 PM, Mark83 said:

Did you install this? How difficult was it?

Gave up about 3 hours later.

I had a Tassie trip planned and basically ran out of time and now with family commitments I won't have time to settle back down till after Easter to continue with the install, I need to build a little stand so the unit can sit on it while figuring out the wiring (zero instruction), I might just give it up altogether and get someone to install it.

If you want my advice, get some auto-electrician to supply and install the unit (either Teyes or not, doesn't matter). Where I am they all don't want to touch it as they are not familiar with the 'brand'.

Edited by Speedz

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2023 at 5:27 PM, Speedz said:

Gave up about 3 hours later.

I had a Tassie trip planned and basically ran out of time and now with family commitments I won't have time to settle back down till after Easter to continue with the install, I need to build a little stand so the unit can sit on it while figuring out the wiring (zero instruction), I might just give it up altogether and get someone to install it.

If you want my advice, get some auto-electrician to supply and install the unit (either Teyes or not, doesn't matter). Where I am they all don't want to touch it as they are not familiar with the 'brand'.

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to share the picture of the headunit here? I want to see how does it look like with that emergency switch..

Pictures on the provided link (teyes) are not that great.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2023 at 6:44 AM, AdilCh said:

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to share the picture of the headunit here? I want to see how does it look like with that emergency switch..

Pictures on the provided link (teyes) are not that great.

Thanks

Busy in RL as usual, note the actual Android unit inside the box. I just got my Kluger purring like a kitten some weeks back and gave it an extended road trip the other day to confirm everything is working 100%.

Next step is really get this HU installed, most likely after the financial year when I have some breathing room.

20230515_124720[1].jpg