Nolathane bushings

Hello Gents,

As some of you may know, I own a 2012 Aurion and was wondering that at some point the suspension will need attention as it wears. I came across this listing on ebay for Nolathane bushed lower control arm:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nolathane-Front-Control-arm-lower-arm-for-Toyota-Aurion-Camry-GSV40R-50R-right/142966603379?fits=Model%3AAurion|Make%3AToyota&hash=item2149793e73:g:QOcAAOSwQ7$£%&$^£"%!$WSY

My question would be this. Has anyone replaced their suspension components and opted for the Nolathane bushed items and if so, how much better or worse was it ?

Would the ride be affected ? 

Will it help keep the wheel alignment more true for longer ?

I find at the moment that my left front tends to go out of alignment a bit more than the right.

Cheers :thumbsup:

A great question Tony i hope we get some to reply as it is an interesting  idea..as most know already the Aurion series seems to pull to the left a bit even a while after a good alignment..I am used too it now after years of driving our Presara ,but I do notice it every now and then the slight pull to the left..if the Nolathane bushings do help i would invest in some for future work that will be required

Keep Safe All

KAA

Being an ex auto parts interpreter (API) I have sold many Polyurathane bushes of varying brands. Nolathane is one of the first and better brands. Positive feed back had been similar for many makes of cars. Polyurethane bushes do help in suspension control, cornering, braking ect but they also firm up the ride of the vehicle a little. Need to be installed correctly using the lubricant supplied with them. Many customers started with bushes on front or rear sway bars as they are usually easy to access then, after having good results went on to install more involved suspension bushes. Most Polyurethane bushes are long lasting and trouble free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Warren. Kind of what I suspected even though I've never experienced the ride. How much firmer it makes it remains the mystery. I'd hate to ruin the supple ride of the Prodigy. But perhaps it's probably only minor. I'll keep looking into this.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 7:01 PM, TIDYWAZZA said:

Being an ex auto parts interpreter (API) I have sold many Polyurathane bushes of varying brands. Nolathane is one of the first and better brands. Positive feed back had been similar for many makes of cars. Polyurethane bushes do help in suspension control, cornering, braking ect but they also firm up the ride of the vehicle a little. Need to be installed correctly using the lubricant supplied with them. Many customers started with bushes on front or rear sway bars as they are usually easy to access then, after having good results went on to install more involved suspension bushes. Most Polyurethane bushes are long lasting and trouble free.

I was looking for someone who had a bit more insight about Nolathane products. My regular mechanic thinks they are crap compared to Superpro. If only Superpro made lower control arms for my Corolla. 

6 hours ago, Kroeger said:

If only Superpro made lower control arms for my Corolla. 

You could keep your control arms and try and get the right bushings if possible. I know it's a bit more work. You'd need someone to press them out and re insert them.

3 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

You could keep your control arms and try and get the right bushings if possible. I know it's a bit more work. You'd need someone to press them out and re insert them.

If I end up getting it done at a professional mechanic, yes I will go with superpro. But for a DIY Nolathane/whiteline seem like a very good option. Not to mention even the time saving when being done by a professional. 

• Like 1

I had Nolathane on my old MCV20R Camry front rear inner LCA bushes, a little noisy squeak squeak. My mate mechanic also had same on his F150 Ambo & he swears he'll never do them again, too firm & they can break apart. He recommends just going for the OEM rubber if available which is what I would do.

ps: if you have a track car then you go all out Poly bushes.

Edited by ZZT86

6 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

He recommends just going for the OEM rubber if available which is what I would do.

That's excellent real world feedback. Exactly the vindication I need to stick with rubber I think. I suspected that the hardness of the nolathane product could compromise the ride and the addition of the squeak is the final nail in the coffin for me.

I'll stick to rubber I reckon. I don't want to change the ride dynamics of the Aurion. I enjoy it the way it is actually.

Thanks for the info ZZT86 :thumbsup:

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Like 1

Yeah my Camry already came with the Nolathane & in my experience the bushes that get worked the hardest like the front inner rear LCA cop a pounding & were pretty noisy when I got the car & I was constantly spraying it with silicone lube to keep them quiet. Poly bushes like sway bars & trailing arms are OK there but always expect extra harshness cos they're harder, will transmit more vibration & noise not normally there. In reality they're a performance part.

People I know who have changed out lots of bushes in there 86/BRZ to poly have often gone back as it was too hard & noisy, not ideal for a daily road car. Rubber may not last as long but it's usually many years before it needs changing out & until then you're at peace in your comfy/cosy Camry/Aurion.

Now if you want to turn your ride into a Super Tourer then that's a different matter.

• Like 1