I Think I've Found The Best Vinyl/Plastic Restorer-Protector

Hi Gents,

There's a company in America called "The Last Coat". They make a range of decent products and Cera Trim is one of their products that caught my attention.

I'm not in favour of products that just put an oily coat on plastic to give them the appearance of being new and then washes off at the hint of rain. I have been looking into products that actually restore, protects and last a decent amount of time too.

I will post back my results when I get the opportunity. The main offender on modern cars is the wiper scuttle panel ( what I call it anyway) which gets sun beaten. I plan to remove mine and apply this product.Not only does it restore the colour, it actually puts a layer of Ceramic coating over it and seals it. The water beads speak for themselves.

20200609_154642.jpg

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 7:07 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

The main offender on modern cars is the wiper scuttle panel ( what I call it anyway) which gets sun beaten. I plan to remove mine and apply this product.Not only does it restore the colour, it actually puts a layer of Ceramic coating over it and seals it.

That wiper panel on the girlfriend's Yaris is more exposed to the sun than that of the Aurion.

Ended up giving the wiper panel on both cars a good clean then a thorough application of Aerospace 303.

The radiator cowling had previously been done with Aerospace 303 so it got another application. Interesting how dirty the foam application pad got even though that cowling looked shiny and clean.

Guess this demonstrated how much easier it would have been to clean had there been a sealing coat.

8 hours ago, campbeam said:

Ended up giving the wiper panel on both cars a good clean then a thorough application of Aerospace 303.

The radiator cowling had previously been done with Aerospace 303 so it got another application. Interesting how dirty the foam application pad got even though that cowling looked shiny and clean.

Guess this demonstrated how much easier it would have been to clean had there been a sealing coat.

Out of all the non ceramic protectants, the 303 is by far the best solution, even it is a semi permanent one. It will eventually wash off and need re coating which is fine again.

The "waste of time" products would be the likes of turtle wax, Armor all etc. They put a greasy film over the faded plastic and does nothing but accentuate how faded the plastic is and as soon as it rains or the car gets washed, it's gone, and it looks as bad as it did before.

The Aerospace 303 has a tendency to cling and penetrate, which is what you really need, but will require it to soak and then subsequent reapplications.

This Cera trim is a solution which not only penetrates into the porous plastic, but bonds to the surfaces and creates a seal over the top so it can last up to 12 to 18 months so they say. It's received nothing less than a five star review so far. That's pretty impressive.

Just waiting on an opportunity to test it out and will definitely post up my results when I can.

https://thelastcoat.com/products/ceratrim-ceramic-powered-trim-restorer-8-oz

• Like 1