2013 Aurion ATX looking for recommendations for upgrade OR Custom

JaysonM

Hi All, 

New member and first time poster looking for advise. I have owned a lot of common brands and models of vehicle but i always come back to Aurion. I now have 2013 Aurion AT-X (magnetic Bronze: light golden colour) and want to upgrade it a bit without breaking my pocket, so looking for recommendation for any customer, vinyl designs, rim and other upgrades you can recommend of have done to your vehicle. 

Thinking to go black 18" rim with that light gold colour, however unable to find a suitable size at market place so please advise what rims will work better on it. 

Thanks in advance. 

2020-06-21 14_07_59-2014 Toyota Aurion AT-X Auto-OAG-AD-18800475 - carsales.com.au.jpg

2020-06-21 14_07_47-2014 Toyota Aurion AT-X Auto-OAG-AD-18800475 - carsales.com.au.jpg

Welcome to the forum Jayson, I am sure many will be able to throw ideas at you..like anything it tends to be a personal choice as to what you do and how far you're prepared to go with any custom work, and mostly costs involved..My personal choice is to leave my Presara as stock as I can..all I went with was a awesome head unit, some de badging and a grill change and basically that is it..I am sure you will get ideas from our awesome people on here

Keep Well

KAA

• Like 1

Thanks KAA. ya persana already have some upgrades compared to ATX. i am also thinking about headunit upgrade (apple and andriod play), 17/18" rims black. and decent exaust to sound more sporty. Whidh head unit did you buy?

Hi Jayson yes the Presara has it all as far as extras..I went with a nice  Clarion VX506AU head unit..cost a little but was well worth it, also had Monster fit the unit as they had the trim surround that fitted perfectly to make it look like it was always there..plus the harness so all steering wheel controls functioned.

I took some pic's that are on my profile..enjoy your upgrading and let us see what you decide on

KAA

On 6/21/2020 at 7:54 PM, JaysonM said:

17/18" rims black. and decent exaust to sound more sporty.

I am very much into keeping my vehicle stock standard [appearance wise] to maintain the sleeper car looks. 

Looks like you are taking a different approach with wanting to differentiate your vehicle.

With your vehicle colour, why not further consider gold colour rims.

https://www.autocraze.com.au/store/speedy-cheetah-17x7-5-5x114-3-gold-machined-lip-wheel-tyre-package.html

• Like 1

That’s another good approach as well. But mine is basic ATX so thought to give it a bit more love to look better. Those rims are good. I saw another one somewhere which i made me feel like that’s the colour I should go with. 

i have kluger 18x7.5 rims, not sure if those can go to aurion. 

834D82C3-0692-4A75-AF3C-B7C8D8F39C3D.jpeg

22 hours ago, JaysonM said:

Anyone tried this headunit? looks great. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/223663270849

Wouldn't recommend installing noname hardware purchased off fleabay. Go for a proper headunit like Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer or Alpine with the Aerpro wiring harness and fascia kit that suits your car and you'll have a proper audio setup.

5 minutes ago, AurionX2 said:

Wouldn't recommend installing noname hardware purchased off fleabay. Go for a proper headunit like Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer or Alpine with the Aerpro wiring harness and fascia kit that suits your car and you'll have a proper audio setup.

Thanks, yes that's what i have been thinking. I found Sony XV3000 at good price, and including all harness and fascia, it comes down to similar price like 10" one.

50 minutes ago, JaysonM said:

Thanks, yes that's what i have been thinking. I found Sony XV3000 at good price, and including all harness and fascia, it comes down to similar price like 10" one.

I have the xav-ax5000, very good unit.

Upsized Aurion stock rims to 18” black Toyota RZ wheels. Looks beautiful and drive feels amazing. However, when driving i hear little louder wheel spinning noise which wasn’t there with 16” wheels? Any suggestions? Is that because of wheels or bad tyres as thread on few is low?

18” wheel 225/45/r18 tyres

3B221572-3BB9-4D67-9C46-B59A6ADF75D0.jpeg

196D9ED8-1022-4B9D-8CA0-73C619BF1E62.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes Jayson many have promotions on right now..wheels look good so I agree with Ash..get some decent tyres on there, as they are all that is in contact with the black stuff..a lot of threads on tyres in the aurion link so read up as to what others have said about their tyre choices..personally i went with Michelin Primacy 4's..225/50/17 98V

Found them excellent in wet and dry conditions and freeway noise is minimal..But as i said this was a personal choice..

In the end what you can afford is usually the main thing..

Keep Well

KAA

Hi Jayson, I went with the partial debadging route, took off the Presara badge but left the Aurion badge also left the Aurion lettering on the side of the car as well ..for now anyway..also went with a full chrome grill without the Toyota Emblem on the front..so really it is up too you as too how far your debadging goes..a lot have gone the full removal of names and series and it does look good

I just left the aurion badge to stop people thinking it was a Camry and having to correct them

Keep Well

KAA

1 hour ago, KAA said:

Hi Jayson, I went with the partial debadging route, took off the Presara badge but left the Aurion badge also left the Aurion lettering on the side of the car as well ..for now anyway..also went with a full chrome grill without the Toyota Emblem on the front..so really it is up too you as too how far your debadging goes..a lot have gone the full removal of names and series and it does look good

I just left the aurion badge to stop people thinking it was a Camry and having to correct them

Keep Well

KAA

Thanks KAA. Full grill looks great, i found honey comb one and will be painting black. I think full removal of emblem looks much nicer on GSV40 instead of GSV50. GSV50 is more sleek, so might leave aurion or both there and plastidip all chrome black.

Hi Jayson, sounds good mate..have looked around at other grill sets but for now will leave mine Chrome till it gets that faded look..send us some Pic's on what you end up doing

KAA

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good Jayson..you have done a good job..just keep it nice and on the black stuff after all that work

KAA

Thanks KAA. First experience of this kind to paint stuff, after following you guys. Alot more to learn 🙂

Edited by JaysonM