Size of hex key (in mm) required to remove ATF drain plug on 2010 camry?

al26

Hello guys,

I have a toyota camry model number ACV40R with a built date of january 2010

It has a U250E transmission ( for some reason i couldnt upload a picture of my gear stick - i think it is a 4 speed)

Im looking to change the ATF, so was wondering if anyone knows how many MM is the hex key size for the ATF drain plug?

and also the demensions of the washer for the drain plug

I have uploaded a picture of the drain plug

Also does anyone know the ATF capacity of my car ( how many Litre's to fill)

Cheers

camry hex key size for ATF  drain plug.jpg

Edited by al26

6mm Allen key. Penrite Lube guide states 3.5litres.

https://www.datateck.com.au/Lube/PenriteAus/

Good tip is to accurately measure the amount of ATF drained out of the transmission. This assumes that there have been no leaks. If applicable, add an extra 20-50ml to your measurement. I use a number of clear plastic bottles e.g. 2 litre juice bottles etc as measurement guides.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, campbeam said:

6mm Allen key. Penrite Lube guide states 3.5litres.

https://www.datateck.com.au/Lube/PenriteAus/

Good tip is to accurately measure the amount of ATF drained out of the transmission. This assumes that there have been no leaks. If applicable, add an extra 20-50ml to your measurement. I use a number of clear plastic bottles e.g. 2 litre juice bottles etc as measurement guides.

Thanks for the reply

I tried a 6mm allen key, it was too small, can anyone else confirm the size of the allen key required? other people suggest it is a 10mm hex 

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2020 at 5:50 AM, al26 said:

Thanks for the reply

I tried a 6mm allen key, it was too small, can anyone else confirm the size of the allen key required? other people suggest it is a 10mm hex 

If you have an allen key set, there will most likely be one that fits. Normally people don't buy singular allen keys. They are usually better value purchased as a set. If you plan to be doing a lot of the preventative maintenance on your car yourself, you need to invest in the basic tool kit.