Honda Vtec

Hey guys and girls, we need some street credit.

My friend just posted than my 1zzfe corolla beat his b16a vtec on numerous runs. in the ozhonda forums they just burn him for it.

Common fellows we need to shut them up and show them that toyotas are not a grocery car . Street credit.

Civic Vti-R 1.6 Dohc VTEC (B16A/B16A2)- 118kw (Oz)-125kw (JDM)

Integra Vti-R 1.8 Dohc VTEC (B18?) - 125kw (Oz)-135kw(JDM)

The Civic Vti-R had been tested in numeroud magazines and the best time tested was 0-100km/h in 7.7 secs and 15.8 sec quarter mile. Worst time is still a 8.8secs by Motor. So by how much did you beat the Civic Vti-R and in which gear? I am sure if the B16A motor is in good enough condition, it should not have a problem taking on a Corolla. The 1ZZFE would have much more torque though being a 1.8. But the Civic would even be a close battle with a Celica or the Corolla Sportivo. The Civic Vti-R is a quick little car and was proven to be quicker than the 206 Gti and Proton Gti. Too bad they ran out of production :(

registered on the forum and trying to get them to open their minds that there are different cars out there other than honda's that can actually beat honda's.

<_<

get's pretty sad when it gets to the point of tunnel vision.

-chris

oy, I know some extremely fast Volvo drivers. One of them has a Lexus V8 in his Volvo, and regularly takes it out for track days at Wakefield Park. And errr, he has white hair and looks easily 60 years old

j.

B16a vs 1ZZ-FE? Now that's a nice match. My friend's Civic hatchback CXi able to kick B16a out of the horizon. I swear man, the person who own the VTI-R was stressing out. Both cars are modified too. So if you said 1ZZ-FE was able to kick B16a, it's not impossible.

Seriously I think that a lot of this has to do with the drivers, there aren't many driver out there that race all that well. Too many variables too like tires, mods, people in the car, etc. So though the B16a's engine may be faster than the 1ZZ-FE's engine, the driver has to be better as well.

I agree much has to do with the driver, just because someone has a quick car doesn't necessarily mean they know how to get the best out of it.

That's my two cents worth :D

Cannot said it any better E-Gene, u r so right. And that's how my friend's CXi whooped the crap out of the Vti-R

I owned a Civic Cxi in 2000 and had extractors, exhaust and CAI and i still couldn't beat modified Gtis. I dragged a friends stock Gti with my stock Cxi and lost half a car length. My civic was able to do high 8 second 0-100km/h. But back to Vti-Rs, do remember the Cxi weighs only a tad over 1000kg. It has no power windows, no rear disc brakes etc. Whereas the Vti-R comes with everything plus sunroof and weighs more than a 100kg heavier. That is the advantage with Gtis, they are so light.

Yeah my friend's CXI is very quick on 1st and 2nd gear, third it starts to wear down. And due to single cam it has quicker responds.

Well, now my friend is selling his Cxi and got a VTI-R. His Vti-R is too damn fast...

I have a race with a Civic Vtir coupe the other day, i think they go pretty good for a 1.6vtec but he loss by about one and half to 2 cars lenght to 120km/h and we didn't clutch dump. He gave up about 120km/h.

His Not happy Jan :D

magicmayhem, that's prove the Civic Vti-Rs are very quick little cars for a 1.6. Its hard to find Vti-Rs here in the Illawarra region to run against. Saw only a couple so far and most are non-modified. It was one of my must own cars a few years back after i had a drive in a Vti-R coupe, but thought it was slightly overpriced at $34-35K driveaway back then and went for a 2nd hand Scooby instead. Should have bought the Vti-R :( If you seriously look into it, the Civic Vti-R is worth every penny from double wishbone suspension all round to the drivetrain, quality and reliability. Plus it looks great when done up. It was the VtiR experience that actually makes me love the Stivo so much! They both give you a big kick in the guts at 6000rpm and a never say die engine :lol: !

Ok guys i have really stirred the guys on the OZHONDA forum with all facts and figures from various sites, tests, experiences that they are at the point where they want a run to prove which is quicker the civic vti-r or the s'tivo. Man this is really funny :D :D :D

Back to my original point i wanted to make. The vti-r civic is a good car and if you are only into the straight line stuff as i seem to be finding a lot of people are then to be honest with you i cant see it passing a s'tivo.

I've run one a couple of times and once i hit lift in first the race is all over after that point. BTW i was stock as a rock when i did this.

So the funny part about the forum is now with my mods they think they can take me :D :D :D i swear i cant stop laughing. I would love it to accidently run into one of those guys on a dead road and rip him and ill post the details for them and see what they say. But im not gonna go out of my way to organise anything with them. Just not worth it. Plus their arogance seems to amaze me . Some of the guys r ok but the rest OMG havent seen anything like it b4. I mean i have pride in the s'tivo but i have my limits. It sounds like if i said i have an F50 they would still take me.

Hmms i reckon, some of them ozhonda people are way to confident. But yeah lets start a toyota honda rivalry.

It's just when i bought my rolla my honda buddies kept laughging, but yeah when i could take them out, they stopped talking.

I have always wanted to drag them, just couldn't find one around here! I will definitely say the Stivo has more grunt but also more weight to haul. Another important point to note though is that the B16A engines ran out of production before 2001 and have got a few years on them now so unless they are very new with less than 60,000kms or overhauled, i don't see a fair battle.

Plus drivers count and i can say the Civic probably has a better shifter than ours. However, no matter which way you look at it, the Stivo will beat it even if we are unlucky enough to be neck and neck through to 2nd gear, once in 3rd the Stivo will pull away. I know the Vti-R is quick and it is quicker than the 206 GTI wih the best stock 0-100 time in 7.7s on a Gtech and 8.8s by MOTOR. So it can be close depending on variables.

I guess the VTEC vs VVTL-I challenge is on! I refrain from using the word WAR since i am sick of that word now after hearing and seeing it so much :blink:

I'm a Toyota fan and it hurts to say it but at the moment i_VTEC puts it over VVTi / VVTL-i. However, in all fairness Toyota is newer to this technology than Honda who are verging on their 3rd generation VTEC system (Toyota is on it's first neglecting the very primitive 20V VVT heads).

The 2ZZ-GE is a good motor but has some weak points as a package, most notably the ECU (which relates to narrow power band and torque hole) and the gear ratios. I think Toyota will really surprise everyone once their 2nd gen VVTL-i motors start rolling out.