Canoe

2020 Kluger transmission issues?

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a 2020 Kluger and the transmission doesn’t seem right to me. Seems to be in the wrong gear very often, downshifts aggressively and it feels a bit like I’m towing a trailer. Has anyone else had any issues? 

Thanks in advance 

Rohan

If you look at the ToyotaNation website, there are similar posts about transmission changes in 2019 Toyotas. Looks like there was a technical bulletin issued in the USA and the solution is for the dealer to update the transmission software..

Best to go to your Toyota dealer and get them to investigate.

8 hours ago, campbeam said:

the solution is for the dealer to update the transmission software

It's funny how not that long ago when we reported transmission issues it would almost entirely be a mechanical issue. Not anymore as the modern transmissions are computer controlled. If the software isn't right it will make the transmission behave badly and stupidly I must say and can be frustrating.

I'm sure the dealer can sort this out during the next service or warranty inspection.

Let us know how you go :thumbsup:

On 7/24/2020 at 4:27 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

Not anymore as the modern transmissions are computer controlled. If the software isn't right it will make the transmission behave badly and stupidly I must say and can be frustrating.

The auto transmisions of today are far superior to those of decades ago.  It was common to have odd behaviour from them back then where now it is rare.
I have had Toyotas for about the past 20 yrs and have never had a problem with their transmissions.
OP should read up on the posts on Toyota Nation and maybe even print some out to take into the dealership.  Usually they plead ignorance to common faults and it is best to have the info ready to show them.  Toyota in the USA react more positively to problems than Toyota Australia.