Engine mounts

Zerko

9 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

That's very possible because the engine mount can be seen as an integral piece in the chassis and if there was some degree of "looseness" then I would believe it would amplify its way around and induce some vibration into the drivetrain. 

Was it easy to undo the engine mount nuts ? Did you torque them to spec or just a good old fashioned put yer back into it ?

Fairly easy with an impact gun, theres three nuts underneath, two accessed through holes in the subframe. Top 19mm nut i used a wrench spanner as could not get a socket on it. Just gave it the ol "thats not going anywhere" torque 🙂

13 minutes ago, campbeam said:

I spent a Saturday afternoon and a frustrating hour to get that pesky bolt undone back in 2015

I have put the following post on October 2017 [refer page 4] to the test and it works. Now just a simple task to put the vehicle up on ramps then access that bolt without having to undo the transmission mount and jack it up for access to that bolt. 

Loose engine mounts can be one cause for feeling vibrations in the steering wheel. 

Took me multiple tiny turns with an offset ring spanner to get that bolt out once the trans  was jacked up, fortunately theres not much torque on those bolts so breaking them loose isn't a problem. Happy anyway to have killed two birds with one stone.... The shift quality has improved markedly, next time I do an oil change I'll drop the fluid again and do another refill.