anyone got an 2010 onward aurion torque power curve?

jiro

Hi all

Any one got one and maybe for the 2012 onwards 2.5 Camry as well?

I'm thinking about getting an Aurion but some camps say it lacks torque down low/mid range. So I want to see for myself how it runs up with the power curve. I'm also  interested because its peak torque doesn't hit till 4500 RPM where the 3.0 Omega and SV6 low at 2900 RPM and the Falcon at 3400 RPM. Surprisingly high. Does the Aurion feel like a 4 cylinder down low where the normal 4 cylinders nothing happens until around 3000/4000 RPM and then they take off.?

Cheers

Rudi

13 minutes ago, jiro said:

I'm thinking about getting an Aurion but some camps say it lacks torque down low/mid range.

When I want to play, my 2006 Aurion with 216K on the odometer performs. There is heaps of torque in the low down range. You have to back off on the accelerator so the front wheels do not spin on takeoff. Most of the time, I accelerate only using 2000-2500 rpm to get to the speed limit. There is plenty of power in reserve. When I need it, I am more likely to notice the transmission changing down a few gears.

This article will give you an idea of the torque curve.

https://wilhelmraceworks.com/blog/2gr-power-gains

Peak torque is at 6000 rpm and my very limited personal experience confirms this.

From my experience, the Aurion comes into its own as a highway cruiser.  The 2GR-FE engine pulls like crazy from 100kph on. Lets just say that you can overtake a semi-trailer starting at 100kph from the rear and be doing 150kph before you pass the cabin. Just be careful of the steering wheel torque when under hard acceleration.

Another thing. I have not been game enough or stupid enough to really push the Aurion to its limits. I am happy knowing that I have 200KW under the bonnet and do not have to prove anything except staying alive and getting safely from Point A to Point B.

• Like 1

The Aurion is peaky in it's torque/power delivery, typical Toyota. Nothing a S/C wouldn't fix 😉 I would say the Aurion has a really good balance b/w torque & lots of top end power/speed.

I agree with all comments about the Power and torque that the Aurion provides, I like many am not into pushing the car I just enjoy knowing if I need to push down my foot it will always deliver..not only POWER but also a smooth delivery of that power..Mostly I just enjoy the fuel efficiency along with the smooth and comfortable feeling sitting in the cabin enjoying music and my wonderful wife beside me

I miss long trips but then I am not alone in that fact, and if all will do the right thing we can all get back too seeing loved ones..beautiful places and adventure again soon

Stay Safe

KAA 

Thanks everyone for replying.

Sounds like the other camps are exagerating the lack of low mid range toque. So there is no dead spot through the rev range like the 4 cyclinders?

Just surprising it can have all that torque from 0 to 4600 ropm.

1 hour ago, jiro said:

Thanks everyone for replying.

Sounds like the other camps are exagerating the lack of low mid range toque. So there is no dead spot through the rev range like the 4 cyclinders?

Just surprising it can have all that torque from 0 to 4600 ropm.

There is no dead spot through the rev range until maybe after 6000rpm.

I am sure that others with more real life experience may suggest a higher rpm for peak torque.

Interesting that you are looking at torque. I also consider the power to weight ratio. 

12 hours ago, campbeam said:

There is no dead spot through the rev range until maybe after 6000rpm.

I am sure that others with more real life experience may suggest a higher rpm for peak torque.

Interesting that you are looking at torque. I also consider the power to weight ratio. 

Thanks Campbean

Yes I too as well consider power weight but torque weight also. I think a balance between both is needed. If power is way more than torque then the engine has to scream to go anywhere, like a hill getting up the hill power rpm has to get it up the hill, in that case. As with the other cars mentioned where their max torque is much lower about 3000 rpm then after that you need power to keep it going faster. But torque if strong enough wont need any more power to help when your not deliberately reving it. Hence my query about low mid  torque in the Aurion. Having it's max torque way up high and wondering if the car is replying on power down low/mid or does the torque carry the car without the need to rev until way up high where the power and ability to rev takes over in the keeping the revs high as in racing style. Yes I like to play in the revs when playing racer, but also like cruising along and not having to worry about gear selection (if it was a manual) and the torque can push the car over the average hill without switching down and reving it's head off.

When comparing the power torque weight ratio of the Aurion and Falcon they are quite similar.

34 minutes ago, jiro said:

like cruising along and not having to worry about gear selection (if it was a manual) and the torque can push the car over the average hill without switching down and reving it's head off.

I use cruise control on an interstate highway trip. It all depends upon the hill whether my 2006 [40 series] Aurion needs to drop down a few gears and revs its head off. With a steep hill coming up, I have learnt to have my foot on the accelerator to maintain the engine revs.

A newer 50 series Aurion may have better cruise control sensors so will act differently.

• Thanks 1