Carolla ascent sport take off power / Revs drop

Hi all my first post, I have just bought a Carolla ascent sport 2014. 115000km , 6 speed manual. I have a driving school

and have noticed that at take off the revs drop off almost stalling. I am no stranger to manual as I teach manual in my driving school.

even on level road if i let clutch out slowly car shudders and i have to really keep revs up over 1.5, idle is just on 1. Once i get going its great after second there is instant power

and drives exceptionally well. checked one spark plug ngk platinum ? seems Ok?

any ideas how i can improve take off. 

Thanks

Ken

IMG20200818112612.jpg

IMG20200818112721.jpg

Just had a look at the photos of that spark plug. It could possibly be a non-genuine NGK spark plug. So I would be inclined to change the spark plugs, clean the MAF sensor and the throttle body.

thanks Ashley will definitely change plugs, by the way do you know if i have to put the rubber sleeve over the top of the plug?

see foto

thanks

IMG20200818113226.jpg

12 minutes ago, kensteyn said:

by the way do you know if i have to put the rubber sleeve over the top of the plug?

Short answer is that I do not know.

However I suspect that the rubber sleeve is to keep dirt and oil out of the spark plug opening.

Best to put them onto the new spark plugs.

19 hours ago, kensteyn said:

Hi Kroeger, was hoping to avoid a massive cost at the moment. I will try the other suggestions. thanks

Sometimes it is unavoidable. But keep doing all you can before you take it to a professional. Cheers 

6 hours ago, kensteyn said:

thanks Ashley will definitely change plugs, by the way do you know if i have to put the rubber sleeve over the top of the plug?

see foto

thanks

IMG20200818113226.jpg

Not seen these before. Are they present on each plug? Perhaps contact these guys to get some information on the ignition system https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/profile/45808-swan-ignition-coils/

that makes sense. the rubber was in there when i took coil out. the spark plug socket got stuck in the tube around the rubber which i pushed down. i had to put some wd40 and twisted and pulled for about 5 min before i could actually get the socket out. so it been in there from whenever, i have only had car  for week now. Thanks Mark

i will assume it does not belong there. Could not find a name, but person from swan ignition coils has been great with advice and info

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/profile/45808-swan-ignition-coils/

1 hour ago, kensteyn said:

that makes sense. the rubber was in there when i took coil out. the spark plug socket got stuck in the tube around the rubber which i pushed down. i had to put some wd40 and twisted and pulled for about 5 min before i could actually get the socket out. so it been in there from whenever, i have only had car  for week now. Thanks Mark

i will assume it does not belong there. Could not find a name, but person from swan ignition coils has been great with advice and info

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/profile/45808-swan-ignition-coils/

If its part of the socket, it definitely doesn't belong on the plug when you replace them.