LN106 Hilux 1993 slow crank, No start

DylanJohnson

Hey everyone, i'm new to this forum so excuse the direct post,  I have a 1993 hilux LN106 and have a slow crank but won't fire problem.

I have cleaned all grounds and power cables to the starter and battery, replaced the battery because the old one didn't have the cranking power anymore.

I don't know where the factory battery ground use to be, But I have grounded it to the chassis. and still won't start, Just looking for some advice from someone that knows what they are talking about or have had this problem and solved it before.
I have a battery light on the dash and the dash lights dim when cranking, Could be alternator?

Starter Motors probley Cactus if you hook jumper leads directly to the + to the starter and -earth to the block with a fully charged good battery see if that cranks better

if not remove starter and check off the vehicle for rotation

Edited by Bigpete

I've tried earthing the starter motor to the block and chassis via a jump lead. the battery is powering the starter directly already except the 12v signal wire, all of which are getting 12v power. theory it's not grounding enough, again I don't know if the battery grounded to the chassis or the block from factory, Can't find any visable indication anywhere on the block within reach of the ground cable so I think it must have grounded to the chassis

the starter turns the motor over so it works? to an extent. i'm going to get a new starter motor and a ground cable to ground either the starter or the block to the chassis and see if that helps.
I will update when I get results.

Cheers for the help so far though guys.