Age old LN46 fuel issue

Sirclippliers

Hi all, how is everyone?

First post so here goes. I have recently acquired a 1982 Hilux single cab LN46 2.2 as a fire putter-outerer for the house, and has a fuel issue. The old girl ticks over but wont (always) rev up. I can get it to rev up with lots of kind words and about half an hour, but if the revs drop back to tick over it wont rev back up. I have replaced the fuel filter housing as it was leaking badly through the primer pump, and replaced the fuel hoses with clear plastic pipe (for diagnostic purposes). Initially there was a lot of air returning back to the tank, but that has almost subsided now, every now and again I will get a very fine shower of bubbles through the hose when pushing on the primer pump. Has anyone had this or fixed it (hoping a fix rather than replacement)? I am wondering if theres an O ring or seal inside the FIP that might be the cause, or I could even be way off.

The old lass is perfect for what I want to do with it so Id love to get right into it and fix er up. So thanks for you time and hope to speak to you soon.

• 2 weeks later...