C-hr wheels on Aurion

L4WL3SS

For those that don't know, yes they fit even though they sink in 10mm over stock factory alloys, and use the factory alloy wheel nuts. 

After seeing the updated versions, I decided to black out some of the polished bits to get rid of the "petal" effect. It's not the best job, as I should've rounded off the tips a little, but I think it's an improvement

Before & after

IMG-20200814-125232.jpg

IMG-20200814-125203.jpg

• Like 2

My car also lives outside in the sun. It mainly gets a hose down and the glass cleaned particularly front and rear windscreens for safety reasons.

Tyres look like new after a tyre shine treatment and it lasts for a few weeks. It makes a difference and only takes a few minutes if you use the SCA spray can product.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/export-export-wet-look-aerosol-tyre-shine-400g/1139.html

Just noticed this product is on special so maybe another visit to SCA to flash the plastic membership card.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/armor-all-armor-all-tyre-foam---500g/1359.html

• Like 1

Thanks mate, yeah only use the cheap sca stuff, does the job. 

For the paint, I spray on some bowdens boss gloss on the big green thingie when drying the car...... Does wonders for the shine

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

For those that don't know, yes they fit even though they sink in 10mm over stock factory alloys, and use the factory alloy wheel nuts. 

After seeing the updated versions, I decided to black out some of the polished bits to get rid of the "petal" effect. It's not the best job, as I should've rounded off the tips a little, but I think it's an improvement

Before & after

IMG-20200814-125232.jpg

IMG-20200814-125203.jpg

Very Nice Adam. Good work. I love the ample space in and around the inner barrel to be able to get a wheel brush in there. Nothing like clean barrels.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

Car looks beautiful when clean, but unfortunately lives outside in the sun, so gets dirty quickly then I think what's the point haha

My car also lives outside too, so don't feel at that bad about it. I lavish my car with as much protection as possible and during the hotter months I do cover it and keep it shaded where possible. As I face North, my driveway starts getting the shade after midday and so I just park it there usually.

I also use reflector screen inside the windscreen too, cover the leather with towels when it's in full sun. The rest is ok because it's got paint protection.

11 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

For the paint, I spray on some bowdens boss gloss on the big green thingie when drying the car...... Does wonders for the shine

You're on the right track but that Boss Gloss has no protection. It's really just something you use to remove fine dust, kinda like a waterless wash if you like. It's designed to encapsulate fine particles, remove them and put a slight bit of coating on which doesn't last. I keep a bottle of detail spray in my car to remove bird poop or other unsightly contamination. You can also make your own detail spray if you're interested. Get yourself some ONR  ( it goes a long way too) mix 30 ml in a 500 ml bottle and away you go. Much cheaper in the long run than Bowdens. This is the stuff they'll never tell you. Just keep forking out $30 a bottle that will last 2 months. ONR will last years and it is the most sought after product on the market. This stuff sells out really quick.

If you're keen on the Bowden's range, I'd hit it with the Fully Sick  or Bead Machine first to lay down a protective layer and then you can use the Boss Gloss in between. Being a Polymer/Synthetic based sealant, it can last up to around 3 months depending on conditions. I find that if you use it as a drying aid each time you wash, it just keeps adding that little bit more. That's just me. You can apply it monthly too.

You don't need to use 'their' towels either. You gotta love their marketing dept. They will point you straight to the microfibre towel of their choice so you get a case of anxiety in potentially using the wrong towel lol.. Any good quality microfibre towel with a GSM of 600-700 would be fine for drying.

Have a read of this. It will give you better insight into the various types of microfibre.

Hope this helps. Enjoy :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have attracted the attention of Tony our resident detailing guru.

Search his posts. You will find some excellent ones on detailing e.g. cleaning your alloy wheels and the products for the best results.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Tried painting one wheel all black, along with the caliper yellow. Will do them all like this. Have the funds available now to lower the car, stay tuned 👍

IMG-20210529-171354.jpg

IMG-20210529-171601.jpg