Missing button - 2010 Aurion Sportivo ZR6

Maffy715

welcome to the forum. that would be the button for the electric rear sunshade. i believe the part number for it is 84940-33040 but it's probably easier/quicker to get one from the wreckers.

Hmm as Tony said strange that the blind button is missing, what is in its place just a hole?..it is for the rear blind feature..and as others have said to buy from Toyota would be expensive..and as long as you still have the wiring in place try a wreckers for one from either a Sportivo or a Presara..it is a very useful feature to keep the sun off the back seats and speakers when lucky enough to be out and about ...Let us know how you get on

KAA

From my research, it seems the rear sunshade was standard on all Presara models, early and late, then during the latter years it was extended to the Prodigy. According to Redbook official specs for the ZR6, no such option existed in 2009 for the sunshade apart from sunroof and sat nav. 

So I would tend to think the original owner opted for the sunshade as a 'special' order. Rain sensing wipers was also not standard (as per the video).

If you have a hole  where the button is supposed to be then it's most likely someone has nicked it. Have you confirmed if it even has a rear sunshade ?

If not, then then it's possible that part was swapped out for one with the button hole.

I own a 2010 model ZR6 myself and can confirm that mine has the rear sunshade and the button in said area was there all along. I bought the car brand new in 2010 and was told the facelifted Prodigy, ZR6 and Presara models came with it as standard. 

As Tony said, it's been pulled out and never replaced. I vaguely remember another member stating that theirs' was an ex-Cop, 50 series ZR6 and the button is also missing because the radio/ walkie talkie resided in that spot and the button was never replaced upon the radio being removed and the car being sold. 

10 minutes ago, Noodle Boy said:

I own a 2010 model ZR6 myself and can confirm that mine has the rear sunshade and the button in said area was there all along. I bought the car brand new in 2010 and was told the facelifted Prodigy, ZR6 and Presara models came with it as standard

That makes sense because as they approach the end of production run for the model they like to throw in as much standard equipment as possible to tickle the customer. So I'm thinking the 2009 didn't get it standard but 2010 and onward did.

Also if they used it for police work, the radio may have fouled the button so removing it made sense as it can't be reached anyway. You'd think they'd leave it in the glovebox upon retirement of the vehicle, it could be put back.

There are plenty of wreckers on Ebay so I reckon you'd pick one up pretty cheaply.