Brake rotor size GSV40 & GSV50

SA22C-RX

Sup Gents. I can't find an exact answer but as far as I can tell the gsv40 and gsv50 Aurions have the same size brake discs, is that correct? I need to replace the front rotors & pads. I have a bad back and can't bend over for long, so at age 31 it will be the first time paying someone to service my brakes. Hence why I'm not even bending down to check them out. Also we have the PBR calipers correct not Advic? 

I'm about to purchase the parts on ebay. DBA T2 discs and Bendix Ultimate pads. 

That's what I was thinking just wasn't 100%. Thanks again campbeam, I'll grab them today. How's your engine going? Enjoying your catch can? Is it doing the trick for ya better then your PCV valve? Intake staying clean now? 

4 hours ago, SA22C-RX said:

That's what I was thinking just wasn't 100%. Thanks again campbeam, I'll grab them today. How's your engine going? Enjoying your catch can? Is it doing the trick for ya better then your PCV valve? Intake staying clean now? 

Absolutely enjoying the catch can. Put steel wool inside it to act as a baffle. Engine is going great. That road trip certainly did wonders. Now driving around more watching the tacho than the speedo. The catalytic converters should have got a good clean out with the prolonged running at high temperature. On the road trip, there was one moment of magnificent perfection of effortless overtaking. Looked downed and totally surprised by the speedo reading especially considering the tacho was reading only 2000 rpm and I had not noticed any gear shifts. Unfortunately, never able to replicate that moment of perfection. Maybe I had a temporary tail wind and a slight road incline being in the right place at the right time or else the torque converter turbine decided to have an overdrive moment. 

Not good that you have a bad back so soon in life. I am getting older and wanting to be more comfortable when working on the car. Now sitting down on the bottom section of an old office chair when checking the wheels or lying down on a thick doona when doing an oil change.

• Like 1

Hahaha you're a crack up. That's good to hear. Yeah it does. It's sought of "turning a corner" again atm. 2 surgeries the past 20 months and then it was going down hill again but yoga is saving it atm funny enough. So continuing with that and not doing anything strenuous or uncomfortable atm whilst the disc hopefully centers itself some more 👍

• Like 1