Replacing OEM Central Catalytic Converter with High Flow

1 hour ago, Metal_Head said:

86 being a manual will do that. 

Anything auto kills the vibe. Manual can give it random throttle in any gear & stills feels kind to the vehicle. Flooring it in an auto means long pause followed by huge stall into lower gear & harsh kickback & wheelspin, then transmission thump when you've backed off & confused it. 

Autos suck. 

A sporty or performance car should be a manual for sure but the Aurion is neither. Sure it has more power than you need but you have to remember, it's not a hoon car.

I love the effortless way it glides away off the start with a little tap of the accelerator and transition between gears so seamlessly. That's the joy of a good auto. 

With traffic the way it is who'd want a manual anyway ? I wouldn't daily drive a manual anymore. I'm over that.

Yeah I converted one of my previous projects to manual, along with a 3.73 lsd diff...... Ohhh heaps fun. 

.... Then after a year I got lazy & converted back to auto & 4.11 lsd to keep some sort of "perkiness" 

The aurion handles like a boat & doesn't feel sporty, but sometimes I wish it was a manual... 

27 minutes ago, Metal_Head said:

Then after a year I got lazy & converted back to auto & 4.11 lsd to keep some sort of "perkiness" 

Haha nice :thumbsup: Did it do 2 MPG too ??

Sounds like a serious machine. Can I ask what it was ?

• Haha 1

Not a serious machine. Cammed & tuned 1994 6cyl falcon. With the 4.11 diff revved higher on the highway obviously, but sat at peak Rev efficiency so fuel usage was negliable. I miss tinkering with older cars, but have no money anymore

Vid I've posted before, someone made for me years ago. Yes it's corny 😂 https://youtu.be/cqR_ifA9rL8

Edited by Metal_Head
47 minutes ago, Metal_Head said:

The aurion handles like a boat & doesn't feel sporty, but sometimes I wish it was a manual... 

Where there is a will, there is a way. This is one way to fit a manual transmission.

https://wilhelmraceworks.com/blog/2gr-swap

Anyway, if you want a sportier vehicle, have a look at the GR Yaris and there is also a Ralleye version coming in 2021.

In the meantime, I am quite satisfied driving my Aurion, keeping a low profile with a quiet exhaust and effortlessly driving past lots of vehicles with their attention seeking loud exhausts.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Metal_Head said:

Not a serious machine. Cammed & tuned 1994 6cyl falcon. With the 4.11 diff revved higher on the highway obviously, but sat at peak Rev efficiency so fuel usage was negliable. I miss tinkering with older cars, but have no money anymore

Vid I've posted before, someone made for me years ago. Yes it's corny 😂 https://youtu.be/cqR_ifA9rL8

Dude, I've already seen that video !! I cannot remember how I even got there, but I distinctly remember watching it. That vga phone camera quality.. aaahhh, takes me back :laugh::thumbsup: