2007 aurion sportivo zr6

Rocket Ron

hi ,my  2007 aurion sportivo zr6 engine shuts down when i turn on the air-con , pressing the air-con button , 

cleaned out a rat nest yuk and taped some wires, car is cleaned and pretty much immaculate.

engine stays on with the fan going , but when press for air-con it shuts down immediately.

any ideas on what is going on , would be much appreciated, thanks Ron

Rodents have chewed some of your wiring. In my case, they chewed wiring for the knock sensors so ended up having to replace that section of the wiring harness. Check Engine Light [CEL] came on so I then knew to check the knock sensors and the wiring. 

With that in mind, is a CEL on to help track. Suggest that you check the wiring near that rest nest looking for any chewing resulting in possible shorts in the electrical circuits.

Something else to check is the air intake system leading to the air box and filter for possibly another nest or blockage. 

• Like 2

Damned rodents. They can cause a real mess under the bonnet while keeping warm and cozy. 

You need to check all possible sections where the rats have been and I wouldn't just "tape" up the wiring. Electrical tape is ok short term but it will come apart leaving exposed conductors.

What I would suggest is to get yourself some heat shrink tubing, cut the affected wire where the copper is exposed, clean and strip it back, and before you join them, slip a piece of heat shrink over one side, splice and solder the joint then move the heat shrink over the repaired section and shrink with a heat gun or blow drier.

Investigate the wiring harness well and just take your time and do it right the first time. 

Photos would be great if you can upload a few.

• Like 2